i’m such a mess please help me

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by ooof, Mar 29, 2018.

1. ooof

ooof New Member

I have a friend(?) that I have a major crush on. I’ve never really liked anyone before, let alone like this. We are both the same orientation, and they pretty much made me realize mine. (My best friend is convinced they like me back too)

Anyways, they call me names like ‘baby’ ‘babe’ etc. We also don’t live that close so we don’t see each other unless we plan something which isn’t that often either. When we do hang out, everything is great. There’s a lot of flirting, and they’re really touchy and we’re always holding hands, constant cuddling, places hand on small of my back, etc. They even kissed me on the forehead for the first time recently.

But right after we hang out, they hardly speak to me (we only text) and they seem cold if they respond at all. I try to give them space so I don’t seem too clingy but it kills me.
    Even normally, they take forever to answer back which bothers me bc it’s when they’re active on social media and the response ranges from several hours to even days, even though I make sure I don’t say anything to kill the convo. I invest so much time and money and emotions into them and I feel that most of the time they don’t care at all as much as I do, but I like them so much. I feel like I can’t confront them about this, especially because I don’t even have the guts to ask them out (if you want to leave tips about that too, go right ahead because I don’t know what i’m doing in anything)

so what am I supposed to do and how should I do it ??

Last edited: Mar 30, 2018
  2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Well, if you have a feeling they are not there for you and just for what you can give them, you need to just stick up for yourself. Maybe if you can just take off to do something fun on your own? Maybe look up that one friend you have that you did not notice was nice to you because you were not that into them. I don't know why at times we gravitate to people who are just that bit of a standoffish to us. If we have not learned to take care of ourselves growing up, meeting people like that hopefully would.

You can distance yourself from them and slow down your texting to a trickle. If they don't try to reach out to you then it is time to get a new friend. It is good to like yourself more and be free of this need. You are worth it.

3. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

"They" are just not that into you. I hate to be blunt, but it's an attention thing -- "they" know you like "them." "They" get off of the fact that a crush exists....it feeds the ego. Nothing more.

If someone actually liked you, there'd be an effort to do more. People who like someone make an effort to talk/chat/communicate....when in this situation, you're largely ignored. Plain and simple. You're investing too much time and emotions into "them" when the situation is not reciprocated.

If you have any sense of dignity, what you're supposed to do is laugh it off and move on to someone who is as interested in you as you are in "them." You're bound to get hurt if you pursue this one. Rhetorically speaking..you need to ask yourself why you like someone so much who can't really be bothered to give you the time of day when you're not around?

Find someone who really likes you. That's the answer.

lesbiandama123, Maroon and greylin like this.