I’m so confused

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by taylorb, Dec 14, 2019.

1. taylorb

taylorb New Member

I just figured out that I’m lesbian and I haven’t come out to anyone. There’s this girl at school and we’ve been friends for about 4 years. She’s always been really nice to me and she’s really smart and I think I like her. But I don’t know if she likes me back. This year she has started to lean on me a lot and I have this thing where I give two of the people in our friend group a hug every morning and they didn’t hug me back, but she has started hugging me back. She will rest her head on my shoulder and lean on my back and side, stuff like that. But whenever she’s with this other girl, who’s not in our friend group, she could care less about me. She snaps at me when I do things she would normally laugh at, or she just ignores me. I don’t know what’s going on. What should I do?

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Snapping at you is not ok at all! This is not a friendship I would want to keep going if that is the case. It is not you, it is your friend’s own insecurity. She might not want people to think she likes girls. So she is punching at someone she likes.

BTW, you might not want to hug people who don’t hug back.

3. taylorb

taylorb New Member

She only snaps at me in math class and it’s not very common, but it does happen. Also, she’s one of my best friends and it’s not like she didn’t want the hug last year, she just didn’t hug back. It’s like our thing, she welcomed it, she just didn’t hug back. Do you have any ideas about how to figure out do she likes me?

4. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I am not sure how to find out. Because everything she is doing can be construed as platonic. I have had women give me the “look” like I was catnip and it was all a straight girl’s momentary thing.

The important thing is to figure out why she is treating you weird around this one girl like she is insecure about stuff. I would ask her about it when it happens again. Are you concerned she knows about your sexuality?

5. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

I have to agree with @greylin .... nothing that you've typed gives me any indication that she "likes you" in that way. I've had friends who are unequivocally straight but who are also very touchy feely, lean on me, hug me, etc. and it's never construed as anything beyond that's who they are.

Maybe you should talk to her and ask her why she's mean to you? For all you know, your sexual orientation has nothing to do with why she's being so weird.

6. taylorb

taylorb New Member

No, I’m not worried that she knows my sexuality. Thank you, this helps a lot.

7. StoneSoft

StoneSoft Member

Sounds to me that there is someone in your math class she is interested in.