how to win her back ???????

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by May, Jun 22, 2016.

1. May

May New Member

I just want to ask if she ended the relationship because of her family didn't accept it, any potential that i can win her back? i still struggling since we broke up, 6 months ago. IDK what to do. i dated few people after her, but it just didn't work. i have realized i just want to find someone who reminds me of her. it's so sad, i know. I need some advice, guys
    Thanks

2. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

You can't make someone love you, period. It takes two people to be in a relationship but only one person to end it.

That being said....your statement "I have realized I just want to find someone who reminds me of her" is troubling. You're not giving credence to a new relationship but are trapped by an old one. If your ex doesn't want to be with you -- for whatever reason, you have to accept that and move on. You also have to accept any new relationship for the person she is ...not because she reminds you of your ex. Your perspective to me sounds a bit unhealthy.

As to why your relationship ended...you don't give enough information. Maybe her family didn't accept it..but maybe your relationship really had its own issues....maybe you're trying to place the source of your happiness upon someone else (which is unfair)....maybe you two just weren't compatible....that remains to be seen with the limited information you've provided.

Gentry, rainydaze, Nancy and 2 others like this.
  3. TheScandinavian

TheScandinavian Well-Known Member

Honestly, I am familiar with this situation. However, quite frankly, you probably screwed up. If she was open and was fighting for you (as a person and you two as a couple) and herself, you should've hung in there. You can't win her back. You're stuck with this girl you love but if you two end up being together again, it won't be the same-she's likely to get back at you, subconsciously speaking.
    Take your time and slightly move on and let her move on too.

4. Gentry

Gentry Active Member

Hi @May , I had been through the same situation. To break up with someone you're still inlove with is crushing. Sometimes the outside problems (her family's disapproval) can be bigger than both of you, that's why you needed to give up. I do not know the full details of your breakup but I guess, you did what's right in that moment. Don't let extreme emotions blind you from the situation.

For now, maybe you should focus on yourself and be a better version of you. It's fun to be single too. I am loving it as of the moment. I had amazing progress in my career and started going to the gym. It's hard to wake up lonely everyday but try to command your body and focus all your energy on something productive :)

Also, ask yourself why you're not moving on. Are you still seeing her or talking to her?

rainydaze and greylin like this.
  5. rainydaze

rainydaze Well-Known Member

I'm sorry, but no. We don't ever really "win" some one in a relationship. She ended it with you 6 months ago...Unless she has approached you to let you know that circumstances have changed or she would like you to reconsider, it really is a matter of you accepting the decision and recovering from the break up. I'm sorry it is so difficult. If you are not ready to date yet, that is ok, then don't.
    Please don't torture yourself by trying to find her in someone else...that is not fair to you or to the new person you are dating.
    Try to spend less time thinking about her and more time thinking about your self, your needs/interests/goals. Surround yourself with good friends who will challenge you when needed. Good luck and check in here as needed. We've all been through break ups, we know how hard it can be.