How to meet/ talk to women?

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by LeahBeah, Feb 8, 2015.

1. LeahBeah

LeahBeah Member

Hey!

So I would really appreciate some advice on this for anyone who is willing to help! I live in NYC and I identify as being bisexual. Growing up I've always been drawn to women more. HOWEVER, I am scared sh*tless to talk to women for the simple fact that I'm extremely shy. Plus lesbians never seem to take me seriously because they think that I want to be with both sexes at the same time( which is completely not true). Also, where the hell would you meet women in the LGBT community? .____.

2. Johille Anderson

Johille Anderson Well-Known Member

LeahBeah,

In my opinion, you find yourself visiting Lesbian friendly bars and there are tons of them in NYC. Plus, today is Sunday, and it'll be a nice way to overcome your shyness and confront them right on. It might seem a little weird ad awkward at first, but you should do it more often and in no time you'll find yourself swinging it off the bat like never before. So, give it a try and show what you're worth. *Wink*

3. LeahBeah

LeahBeah Member

I shall definitely take that into consideration. Thank you hun :)

4. LPretreat

LPretreat Active Member

It's really just about putting yourself out there. I'm an extremely shy person, but as I've gotten older I've just stopped caring about rejection and surprisingly that has helped me a lot. You have to go into that whole world with an open mind and lots of confidence.

Online dating does narrow it down pretty well, but it doesn't hurt to head out to a random lesbian spot either. And it's always best to make friends first... Even if you are looking for a more serious relationship. When getting to know anyone make sure you're being yourself. No need wasting your time trying to do and say the right thing to please someone. If you're weird and quirky then be that way, if you're loud and neurotic then be that way. Honestly, with the millions of people on this planet you'd be surprised what some people are attracted to lol trust me. But yeah, the best thing you can do is be confident in yourself and let that shine through when getting to know someone new.

Megha likes this.
  5. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

OK then Jon, I'll engage. You're lucky, you've got me on a chatty day. I have a couple of questions first. Do you identify as male? Are you attracted to women? My magic brides as a website is it keen on having gay ladies use it? Is there any particular reason why you've managed to answer a couple of different threads advising women to use this site? Do you realise that AfterEllen is a site geared towards gay and bi sexual women? Or are you just chucking out click bait?

Tato and Just Me like this.
  6. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

Do any of your relatives or friends that you're out to have friends who are gay/bi? That's probably the easiest route.

7. LeahBeah

LeahBeah Member

I have one gay friend. But he's always working & he's trying to have a love life lol .