How to know if she is lesbian?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Estelle Ireland, Sep 12, 2016.

1. Estelle Ireland

Estelle Ireland New Member

Hi from green Ireland, girls!

I'm a French young teenager living in Cork, and as far as I can remember I always be sure to love girls. My parents are wonderful and, for them, straight or lesbian, it's my decision, absolutely not their problem, and anyway I will be always their beloved daughter.

Now in this heterosexual world, HOW to know WHO is lesbian?
    Does she like Ellen Degeneres? Does she wear thumb ring? Tomboy style? short cut nails? etc...

Ultimately I'm NEVER sure if she is (or not) lesbian!
    So rather than trying my gaydar everywhere, I chose to change my own style.
    More boys clothes, ankle bracelet, and discrete (very discrete) rainbow wrist bracelet.
    Some posters of Ellen, and Shay Mitchell (as Emily Fields in PPL, to be very clear).
    For the rest I'm the same funny and smiling girl.
    I continue to do sport (gaelic football + Female Boxing), to go to cinema with my friends etc... and now everybody knows who I am.
    Result? I was identified by several lesbians, very fast, but none attracted me :-(

Anyway I'm sure that it's easier to be identified as lesbian than to try to find who is lesbian!

TheScandinavian and greylin like this.
  2. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

That is the age old question. It can be very difficult. Really the only way to know is to meet at a lesbian event, or if she tells you. Just remember, most women are not. So, don't assume by what she wears or who she likes that she's a lesbian. Ellen has a lot of straight fans, so that's not a measure to judge by.

TheScandinavian and greylin like this.
  3. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I think that was quite clever of you, your strategy to find lesbians. You are young, now that you see who they are, observe for a while what they like, especially do this for a girl that catches your eye. Then maybe you will know how to approach them more. You are smart, you know, and you can do this, just give it time.

4. mariannek2u

mariannek2u Well-Known Member

I have a reasonable good gaydar...but even mine failse from time to time. Even if a girl has short hair, butch appearance, drinks beer, and well almost every other stereotype characteristic you can think of.....doesn't even mean she is a lesbian . But to have more succes in finding them is a gay event or gaybar . But then again...in my case my favourite bar had both gaymen and woman. And gay men often took their straight girlfriends with them

greylin likes this.