How to get on the Scene??

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by alicia4, Nov 3, 2013.

1. alicia4

alicia4 New Member

Seriously,
    I came out to my parents a couple months back and they were amazing. Now they're asking me, "So?? When are you going to go out and meet someone!?"
    I'll be honest I'm a hermit. I like being at home in my own space. Now, though, since I came out I'm DYING to meet new people. I've actually looked online to find out more about the gayness that resides in Liverpool, my home town. UK that is.
    I've gotta say its mostly Gay Bars/Clubs. Anyway how do I go about it? Take a friend, a group?? Workmates???? Ugh please somebody help me! x

2. jaysea

jaysea Well-Known Member

I would say take a group of people that you are comfortable with. Maybe people you know that are also gay or who would at least be ok going to a gay bar/club. I wouldn't recommend going by myself, but thats just me.

Good luck!

3. HeadInABlender

Grab a handful of friends and go out - Liverpool is awesome! I've only been a few times, but it's always pretty terrific! Then again, I compare liverpool to my own home town which is about a tenth of the size of liverpool and in a remote area of Sweden.. But take some friends, go out and just smile - that always works well!

4. Serennos

Serennos Member

Hi,

Just had to comment on this as am in exactly the same position and in Liverpool too!! Have you had much luck over the past couple of months? I don't really have a group of LGBT friends to go out with so am struggling a bit to get out there really :?

xx

5. Mellissa

Mellissa Member

I'm from Liverpool too, if you ever wanna talk or hang out just send a message as I'm in the exact same predicament too!! x