HOW TO FLIRT!?!? :S

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by anonymous_, Nov 4, 2015.

1. anonymous_

anonymous_ Member

Hey

Just wondered everyone's girl on girl flirting techniques. How to subtly found out if she's gay etc etc

Thankkkkkksss

2. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

Consult a Magic 8 ball. Seriously..this question is like asking...how do you tell if the sky is blue? Flirting techniques depend upon the person and the situation and they don't change because they're "girl on girl". How do you find out if a girl is gay? Ask her. Duh.

A lot of this is intuition...people reading...acting in response to specific information and/or a specific scenario.. If you're really having that much trouble...(and I say this because I'm totally assuming this is a troll post for the most part)...then maybe you shouldn't be dating in the first place. There's no instruction manual or one size fits all for any dating/flirting situation.

rainydaze and Emm like this.
  3. Mel123

Mel123 Member

Okay, I am only responding because reading the responses to this forum seam to be kind of discouraging. I have to admit I am in the same boat as you. I don't really know how to flirt with girls and I probably am not the best to answer the question but all I will say is that you should try to get to know them and if things between you two seem to be going well then say you are interested in her. Also, I had people give me advice that I haven't personally tried out but I will share anyway hoping it might help. If you are having a conversation you can ask her what she did on the weekend and then hopefully she will ask you the question back and you can reply and say something along the lines of, "I went on a date with a woman on the weekend but we didn't seam to click so I am still looking" By saying this it tells her that you are interested in women and also that you are available.

Jane Doe and rainydaze like this.
  4. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

So spygirl, do you normally go around asking women if they're gay just because you find them attractive? That's not really cool. I would never ask every woman I find attractive and wonder about if they're gay. There would be a lot of offended straight women out there who'd probably think I'm nuts. Or, workmates who, if homophobic, might report me to HR.

There's no sure way to know. Lesbians don't tend to wear thumb rings or rainbow attire. And, straight women wear flannel or masculine attire and no makeup, so you can't really tell by that. What you can do is listen to her talk about her life to get clues. When she talks about going out does she talk about a guy? No? Lesbians who aren't out tend to leave out pronouns altogether. They might say "we" went to the fair this weekend, rather than "my girlfriend and I". She'll most probably hang out with other women if she'still not in a relationship where a straight woman will go places with a man. Straight girls will meet their girlfriends for lunch but they usually don't go out in the evening with them.

You need to get to know her as a friend to find out more about her. And, while you are doing so you might find you don't have much in common anyway. It's easy to get caught up in a crush for an attractive woman without knowing anything about her. If she isn't gay and you think you have stuff in common then at least you've made a friend.

Jctoanwn and rainydaze like this.
  5. u-45651833

u-45651833 Member

This struggle is real! I'm hopeless at flirting as well. What helped me, sort of, was to start out flirting via text when you're talking with someone. It's less scary than doing it in person, and you can get your friends to help.

TheScandinavian likes this.
  6. Angellewingz

Angellewingz Member

Hey! I noticed that when you are yourself as if you are talking to your best friend and complement her then you pick up on her reactions. Don't complement too much because she might get annoyed (women....) and if you complement too little she gets mixed signals as if you don't notice anything on her or listen to her (women....). Ask her about herself / what she likes and be a good listening ear, she will appreciate it whatever the case. Little by little you will see if she opens you up a chance for you making a move or she will make the move first. Step by step! Except if you are clubbing, drinks, instant connection, drinks, touching/dancing, drinks, voila one-night-stand :p

If none of the above happens, don't worry. Lighten up a bit and try small talk from the beginning and see what happens :) Hope this helped even a little bit!

Frazier likes this.
  7. TheScandinavian

TheScandinavian Well-Known Member

My gaydar or whatever it's calle seems to be working only when limiting it to guys whether they're gay, straight bi or whatever. Only a few women have been able to actually give me the vibe or being at least bi so I can't help much either. All of the women I've been with up to know have been the ones to show me they're interested in me. Usually direct approach works for some people so I guess that you shall pick your own depending on the girl's personality..

aTaurean likes this.
  8. jolew354

jolew354 Member

hello, im posting here as someone whose just figuring things out and is new to the whole dating scene here. i think i was in denial for many years and have finally realised and things now make sense. anyway im new to the flirting thing and wasn't very good at it with guys (maybe because i wasn't really into them deep down). there is one person who i deal with a few times a week at work. again dont know if im reading into things too much or not. i'm pretty sure she is the same way inclined as i am. we have these long eye contact sessions (don't know how else to put it) and im not normally good with eye contact being shy, then the occasional from a distance catch each other looking then look away. the other day having a meeting with her she had her legs open with her phone sitting quite high up between them, ive never seen any girl do before. she laughs at things i say which seriously are not funny at all. anyway again as i said im new to all this and may be over analysing it. any advice/tips would be helpful, yes im interested in her too. cheers.

9. jolew354

jolew354 Member

Bump

10. Gentry

Gentry Active Member

Hi jolew354!

I guess you might need to interact with her more so you may gain more "clues" and insights about her. Get to know her personality. I know someone who looks at everyone's eyes as if she's inlove with them. Seriously, she made me blush the first time I talk to her but i eventually found out that she's just like that. I'd love to hear updates about how everything goes with you and this girl. Maybe you should post a new thread in the "does she like me" section of the forum. In there, more people will notice it. You may copy and paste your post there.

Good luck! :)