How to ask a coffee shop girl out

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Nabiki101, Jun 15, 2014.

1. Nabiki101

Nabiki101 Member

I've been going for like 3 months to the same coffee shop, every morning, because i have a crush on one of the girls that works there. She is always making sure she is the one helping me. She remembers my order...and honestly, I've stuck to the same order because she seems so happy to know what i like to drink. I am almost certain she likes me because she has ran out from the back just to say hi to me. Once, my work schedule changed and i stopped going for coffee for a couple of weeks. When i came back the girl asked me why i hadn't been coming to get my coffee and that she had missed me. You might think that this is the norm in that coffee shop and that they are super friendly with their customers but not one time have i seen any of those workers start or attempt to make a conversation with any of the customers.

There's always an older lady there. I think it might be her mom. That lady always gives me the stink eye when i talk to the girl. I'm taking that lady's attitude as a gay clue.

How should i ask her out?

2. MizzLadyPants

MizzLadyPants Well-Known Member

Well I suck at stuff like that... I'm always the one who has to be approached if anyone does lol.
    But I would do it if I were you! :D

3. AEFan1

AEFan1 Member

I would find out about some fun event going on in town and casually ask her if she has heard about it...ask her if she wants to go... :) That seems harmless...then you can feel her out once you're there hanging out. Good luck.

4. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

I used to work at a coffee shop. Baristas, waitress, etc... remember customers, are very friendly to them and remember orders. That way customers come back - and - you get good tips.

Running out of the back to say hi- that is above and beyond typical smart barista stuff.

I agree with the poster up above. Chat barista lady up a little to get to know her. Does she like music, art, is she a nature girl. If you find something in common, pick an event and invite her to join you. It can be nerve wracking, but nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Oh, and if she says yes, you have to come back and update us.

5. staringatthesun

staringatthesun Well-Known Member

you could always try the subtle approach and just say something along the lines of "hey, hows it going, I see you all the time and I have this extra ticket to ........., my friend bailed at the last minute, would you wanna come?

It's a decent way to get her to come out but without risking rejection. Her response will allow you to maybe gauge her interest better.