How do you tell the difference between a best friend and someone who likes you

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Mtg412, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Mtg412

Mtg412 New Member

i know it’s cliche that a young lesbian is falling for her friend but telling the difference is hard.

We are interns at the same firm. She’s so nice and funny. She rarely talks about dating but once she was telling me about someone and I thought it was a girl (too hopeful I guess). I asked and she said “of course it was a man.”

When we leave at night we text each other as soon as we get home and continuing texting until we go to bed.

Other interns are going away for the weekend and when I said I couldn’t go she said “too bad. I was going to request the same hotel room with one bed.”

The other day she left a note on my desk about a work thing but it had doodles all over it. Most were things like ‘keep calm and carry on.” But others were our names with a heart around it and one said you are beautiful.

I’ll never be able to make the first move.

2. lorienczhiu

lorienczhiu Well-Known Member

Just one queer lady's opinion, but: um, she is definitely flirting. One bed? Hearts? Calling you beautiful?

She has already made the first move. Does that make it easier to make the second?

3. Coffee Addict

Coffee Addict Well-Known Member

Keep in mind that you are at work and try to keep it as professional as possible.

That said, she seems unusually friendly; however, it could be just her way to appreciate your friendship. It is hard to tell if she is typically this way with her close friends under normal settings.

4. Louiseallan

Louiseallan New Member

She is definitely flirting. Try something subtle like touching her back while you are talking, but not at work. First ask if she wants to go see a movie. Thats something even friebds do, so dont be intimidated :) good luck, let us know how it goes