How coming out with the people I care ?

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by Ale, Jan 14, 2014.

1. Ale

Ale Member

Well, let's start. First of all, i apologize because of my coming mistakes , i'm from Argentina,i can speak English, but i make mistakes(i'm still learning).
    I would like to have an answer for someone that passed this felling, this emotions an this thoughts. Now i'm living the phase of i have to tell someone that i'm lesbian, that i'm looking at woman, that feel different things that i used to feel before. I think (i know) that my parents aren't going to take it well. i'm sure that the will get angry at first but the they'll accept me. i finished with the step of crying at night because i din't accept myself i used to think that i was wrong, that something wasn't well with me , i used to think that i need a session with a psychotherapist to change my mind. But all of this is crap. i love myself of who i am.
    :D And here i go with the questions ..... 1) How i can come out? 2) Should i be ashamed at first of my orientation? 3) Can anyone give me an advice?
    Thanks. i'll waiting for an answer . Ale ;)

2. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

You shouldn't be ashamed of who you are, unless you are hurting people.

How do you think your parents will react? Do you think that they will kick you out? Do you live with them at the moment? Think about those things... if you live by yourself you can probably tell them but if you live with them and there's a good chance that they'll kick you out, you should probably keep it on the down low for the moment.

3. Ale

Ale Member

i'm sure that the would never kick me out. like and add point: everytime that on tv or on radio speaks about any gay or lesbian thing they watch it or listen to it like they aren't part of. and i realize that they don't accept LGBT people at all. they put themselves out of it. and it hurts a lot and everytime that we start a dialogue that includes homosexualit , they say everything in a tone of ashamed and i act complety differnt and i continue the speech trying to make they now that i'm open mind and i accept all the differents ways of love. i'm tired of continue with this "lie". i want to come out . but i think about this and i say myself, you're still young let's wait more .... kisses and hugs :D

4. Ladiesofchic

Ladiesofchic Member

The traditional/cultural values of your parents is going to be hard to change and maybe for them to accept. Sorry i would want to advise anything that worsen the relationship. But keep trying, if they love you it wont matter in the end.

5. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

I come from a traditional culture myself. We're also Christians - yes, including myself. One of my biggest fears was that my mum would stop loving and supporting me. In reality, she still really loves me even if she still doesn't accept it. However, I do have my own house and I have a job, so I wouldn't be homeless and can take care of myself. Hence the questions of whether you can support yourself should the worst happen.