How can you tell if a girl is flirting?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by GreenBeen, Jan 29, 2015.

1. GreenBeen

GreenBeen Well-Known Member

Hey afterellen,

I need advice on decoding whether a girl is flirting or being friendly with me in an everyday setting such as work, the store, etc.

I have no problem figuring out if a girl is flirting with me at a lesbian bar, on a date, or on online dating.

For instance, there's this girl who I don't even know, whom I never spoke to before where I work, and we just started smiling at each other. Friendly, or flirting? I can't tell?

Another girl, I catch her staring at me a lot. I look at her too, because I think she is cute. Is she flirting?

If a guy does that to me, I assume he is flirty.

2. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

I don't think you can deduce from a smile whether she is flirting with you or just being friendly, especially if it's in a work setting and you don't know her at all.

Maybe try talking to her some time and getting to know the girl first before you read too much into it

Spygirl, Nancy and Bluenote like this.
  3. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

We often project what we want to see. A smile really could mean nothing more than a smile. As Emm said, you might try talking to her before you make assumptions.

Emm and Bluenote like this.
  4. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

I agree with everyone else. You can't tell for sure from just a smile. It could mean someone is friendly, that they are nervous, or that they are flirty.

The only way to know for sure is to talk to them and get more info. But be careful, in a work setting it might not be such a good idea to go around flirting with coworkers.

Emm and Spygirl like this.
  5. TreeFruit

TreeFruit Member

The best way to figure out if someone is flirting is for you to definitely be flirting! If you like the girl and you've reason to believe she if particularly fond of you, the next best course of action would be to see how/if she responds to your advances.

6. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

Jesus wept.....she wanted flirting advice, not getting fired advice.....smh

7. aussie_gabby

aussie_gabby Well-Known Member

Hahaha i know right? I just imagined someone trying to do a "secretary closing the office door and hitting on their boss in the movies" type scenario!

Pi3, Emm and Bluenote like this.