Honestly I Still Miss Her

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by JLee12, Dec 12, 2015.

1. JLee12

JLee12 Member

Hi All,

I just want to share with you, over months ago I wrote about a girl that I was in love with. We were once close friends and used to hang out a lot but over the time we separated and go on our different path, we didn't contact or see each other anymore for months until one day she invited me to the opening ceremony of her cake shop.

I didn't attend the ceremony day because I was thinking I'm over her now and I couldn't stand a chance of me falling for her all over again. Then I talked to my close friend about me being invited and didn't plan to come. Instead of getting the affirmation, my friend told me to come. Not because I still have a feeling or anything, its more to a goodwill to maintain a good relationship as friends. She didn't do anything terrible to me in the past afterall. We chose not to see each other because we're not out and she is in a relationship. And honestly, I miss her a little bit.

With the assurance I got and a little bit of courage I decided to visit her at her cake shop a week after the opening ceremony day, only this time I wasn't going there alone, I asked one of our mutual friend to go with me. Nothing really happened, we just caught up. But the day after we had lunch together, my office is only few blocks away from hers.

We were catching up about our life over the lunch, talking about my brother's wedding, works, her new business, and other general stuff. It wasn't as awkward as I imagined it would be surprisingly. We only spent around one hour for the lunch, then went back to our office. I honestly couldn't stop thinking about her and I was blushing till my colleagues made fun of my face turning red and all smiley when I reached the office. Soon after I reached my office, she called me but I missed her call. I texted her, asking what happened. She said her car broke down and she couldn't go back to her office. I texted back, offered my car, but after sometime she replied back, some people got it fixed and she was picked up by her colleague.

A week after the lunch she attended my brother's wedding with her boyfriend. I chatted with her a bit, just casually greeted and thanked her for coming. I didn't chat with the bf because my relationship with him is not good, in fact we sort of avoid each other whenever we're in a same room. lol. and she knows it, she knows that I am not comfortable with the bf and she's fine with it.

Honestly nothing interesting with my story here, It's just I couldn't stop thinking about her and writing all out and reacing out will make me feel better (pardon my English), I even dialed her number when I was a bit drunk at the afterparty, 4 times. Lol! Lucky me it did not go through due to a bad reception. This is why I didn't want to attend the opening ceremony in the first place, because I know this thing will happen hahaha.. I did not text her again after the wedding and neither did she but I know I could not avoid her forever because we will be meeting each other in some occasion eventually because of our mutual friends. I know it is just me and my feeling. I am trying my best to get over this.

Xoxo,

JLee

Last edited: Dec 12, 2015
  2. Ryekiel

Ryekiel New Member

I honestly feel you with this! You know when you have a connection with someone, it never really goes away, I think. Haha. We are kind of in the same page right now but, not with the "drunk call" part, because she was the one doing that. I am more like "the one who tries to avoid her at all cost" but she keeps on keeping in touch with me. But now for a week she doesn't try anymore but I honestly miss her so much, so much sometimes it hurts. I hope you'll get over this, soon! xx

RLrose likes this.
  3. RLrose

RLrose Member

ugh...i feel your guys' pain. Im in the same boat. They say time will help...I don't believe them.

4. Ryekiel

Ryekiel New Member

True! Memories are so painful and somehow no matter how much you convince yourself that it is over and you have to move on, you just can't. There will always be a part of you hoping that everything will be the same again, or remove the pain you're going through. I have asked my friends about this and they said you can't move on with just yourself.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
    JLee12 likes this.
  5. JLee12

JLee12 Member

Glad you share my thoughts. Just like you, I was the one who tried to avoid her first. Then when she stopped trying, I started to miss her, I lost her, and was trying to get her back because I miss her a lot.
    I agree with you, the connection never really goes away no matter how hard you try. Its just become a part of you that you can't really get rid of. I wish both of us the best of luck :) xx

6. JLee12

JLee12 Member

True. And on top of that, even if I heard some rumors or something not so good about her, I still love her. It doesn't make me feel better or anything.

7. JLee12

JLee12 Member

Thanks for sharing the thoughts ;) for me time helped. It soothened my feeling and calmed me down. I have more control towards my action as the time passed by. But there will always be a tender spot for her no matter how hard I try to move on, convincing myself that everything's over, those all only exist in my head and so on.