Hi from Switzerland

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lez-lee, Feb 4, 2015.

1. Lez-lee

Lez-lee New Member

South African wanting to meet new people in a new home :)

2. noedee

noedee Active Member

Hey there, where in Switzerland are you? And how long are you here for? Enjoying it so far? Must be very different from South Africa... and a bit colder these days!

I'm in Lausanne... I was wondering if there were other Swiss residents around here...

3. Lez-lee

Lez-lee New Member

Hi Noedee, thanks fro your reply. I'm studying in Bern, will be here for 3 years in total and it is very different from SA but it's just as beautiful.

I haven't been to Lausanne yet, but I hear it's a cool city is that where you are originally from? yeah, I was trying my luck as well, trying not to give in to purplemoon :)

4. noedee

noedee Active Member

Yeah Lausanne is pretty nice. Small city but quite a lot going on for its size. And the views on the Alps are nice… I grew up here but like most Lausanners I am of a different origin (my parents are Belgian). And I was born in the US and spent a few years there on and off...

So are you learning German? Or Swiss German? What are you studying?

It doesn't sound like there are many Swissies around here… have you managed to meet some nice people in Bern so far?