Hi from Canada! (Quebec)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by clau04, Jul 18, 2013.

1. clau04

clau04 Active Member

Hi there! :)

My name is Claudia and I'm a french Canadian( I live in the province of Québec near Montreal). I really love the AE website and I'm looking foward to meet new people, new friends. Just add me or talk to me if you want!

PS: I think I've seen "Imagine me and you" movie at least 50 times! So if you like this movie we should get along and talk about Luce! Haha!

Have a good evening! ;)

2. Landi

Landi Member

YES, to everything you just said haha well, at least that AE is an awesome site, and "Imagine me and you" is pretty awesome. I think Luce is the best character I've seen Lena Headey play...

3. clau04

clau04 Active Member

Hey!
    You are the only one who replied! Yeah!
    Where are you from? :)

Haha! OMG Lena Headey plays the perfect girlfriend in this movie and she looks like the perfect girl in real life too! ;)

4. Landi

Landi Member

Hey haha I just saw your reply. I'm currently living in Raleigh, NC. Definitely different weather than you ;) I agree, perfect girlfriend. I reeeeally don't like the character from Game of Thrones that she's playing... but it's not her that makes the role unlikable... I do think she's beautiful in real life as well :)

5. SummertimeSadness

SummertimeSadness Well-Known Member

Hi! I have not been on AE in agessss and now everything looks so diff and all my "buddies" have been removed from my list :(. I'm from ontario so I guess we are neighbors? And I am horrible at french lol

6. clau04

clau04 Active Member

Landi: I'm so jealous of your weather! ;)

Summertimesadness: Yeah I know, I don't have any of my buddies anymore. That sucks. Also, I don't understand the forum. Haha! So you don't speak french? You weren't listening in your french courses? :p Just kidding, our English courses here are so ridiculous. I guess it's the same with your french ones. À plus la voisine!

7. SummertimeSadness

SummertimeSadness Well-Known Member

I don't understand the forum or profile or anything! It is so much work to do anything on the site - I know part of that has to do with the new design but it does not feel user friendly at all! To be honest - I got kicked out of french class A LOT in highschool for talking :shock:

8. Landi

Landi Member

clau04: It's very humid here. Are you still jealous? haha

clau04 and SummertimeSadness: The layout before the update was also poor, but now I agree it's not much better. I didn't have any buddies before, so I'm not missing that. However, at least before your profile kept track of all your posts (even on forums). It doesn't do that so much now. They should get someone from FB to help with functionality.

French?! Props to both of you for at least the exposure. I took Italian in High school... but that was a loooong time ago haha

9. clau04

clau04 Active Member

Landi: Haha well I'm only jealous of your weather during winter then! ;) Italian sounds good! Such a romantic langage! :)

Summertime sadness: That explains your poor french! Haha!

Landi summertimesadness: Yeah a Facebook kind of layout would be awesome!

10. NeedCaffeine

NeedCaffeine Member

Oh hi! I'm currently living in the midwest area in the US.

"Imagine Me and You" is a great movie. I've also watched it like 50 times too!

11. clau04

clau04 Active Member

Haha! I'm glad to know I'm not the only addict to this movie! :D

12. charmquark

charmquark Member

Hi clau04,

I'm from Canada too, from a small city near Winnipeg, MB. Last year, I have been to Quebec City and I loved it. I also love, love Montreal. I am learning beginner French this fall. Hope you can help me practice!

Although I haven't watched it 50 times, Imagine Me and You is one of my favorite movies too. I am a blogger and I have this old blogpost about the movie which I wrote in 2008. Would you like to read it?

13. clau04

clau04 Active Member

Hey charmquark! Sorry for the late reply.

I've been in Alberta and Britisg Columbia last year but didn't stop by Winnipeg on the way. Is it Worth it?

Of course I can help you with french! It can be a difficult langage because of the verb tenses. ;)

What's the website of your blog? Seems interesting!

14. charmquark

charmquark Member

Clau04, vous présente mes excuses, je n'ai pas enregistré au cours des mois. peut-être cette réponse est beaucoup trop tard,
    il ya un nouveau blog et un nouveau film j'aime bien. laissez-moi savoir si vous voulez le voir: [email protected]