Hey! I'm new here and kinda out of the closet

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by &Danielle, Feb 2, 2015.

1. &Danielle

&Danielle New Member

Hi everyone! It's the first time I post something here. Here goes my short story.

Last year, I told my dad I was gay, then I stormed out of the car, yay! However, he told my mother and none of them believed me. I mean, they still think I'm straight.
    It would be more difficult if I had to come out of the closet again.

What should I do?

P.S: Sorry if there're any grammar/spelling mistakes, I'm not fluent.

~ Be happy! :)

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

I don't know, because you haven't given enough information.

I advocate being practical when coming out. Being out is more healthy, but some people face real barriers - the threat of violence, being disowned by one's family, loss of jobs.

So I can't say 'push it - come out more!' Or 'screw 'em bring home a hot girl and bang her!' Without knowing about your situation. Are you old or young, do you live at home, are you financially dependent on your parents, etc...

Spygirl likes this.
  3. Johille Anderson

Johille Anderson Well-Known Member

Hey,

It was a good approach in having attempted to tell them, but it would also depend the manner in which you told them. And the fact that you stormed out of the car, showed or gave them a signal that you may have not been serious about it. How about this? Give it some time for you to be comfortable with the fact you're gay. It's not a question of whether or not you're not you're gay - you are! Not many people are comfortable with the fact that, they are gay and are on the verge of telling their parents about it. At the same time, they might be in a situation that if they told them, it would just turn out against them; and, that's not what they envisioned. So, in my opinion, find that perfect balance where in case you told them you have something to support your statement to such an extent where they would just have to accept it with time. In other words, just give it time accordingly and explore on how you could possibly convince them; or just tell them you're happily gay. #Cheers

4. &Danielle

&Danielle New Member

I think I'll have to wait. You're right, maybe I'm not old enough to come out of the closet, but meanwhile I can be happily gay, yay!

Anyways, they still bother me with those questions: "And where's the boyfriend?". Ugh, but I guess it's just them facing the facts.

I'm pretty sure I'm comfortable being gay, it's just the fact that I'm currently living in one of the most homophobic countries of Latin America, though no one has ever had a problem with me except for my parents.

~ Be happy! :)

5. Johille Anderson

Johille Anderson Well-Known Member

Hey! Don't worry, just give it time and you'll be fine. Till then, enjoy yourself. #GoodLuck