Help!!!

Discussion in 'Advice on Meeting Women' started by Milez, Mar 8, 2015.

1. Milez

Milez Member

Hello everyone this is my first time to write and seek advice about falling in love and it always ended up in a bad way for some reason.Im new to the us so i am super excited to meet people and new friends,and i met this girl that i really like but i dont know if likes me the way i like her or she was just being friendly.I went to the city last week and decided to finally meet up with her and its the best week ever since i got here in the us. She is super cool and we have good conversations and we kissed. Maybe shes busy with work or whatever but i just wanted to see her again and with her super busy schedule is its super hard. I dont mind waiting for her all day as long as i can see her for 30 mins or 30 sec. So my question is how can i tell if she likes me back or she just wanted to be friends. Help please!!!!Thank you so much everyone!

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Kissed on the cheek? Or kissed on the lips?

3. Milez

Milez Member

on the lips and we did it several times

4. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

Was she sober or drunk when it happened? Have you followed up to ask if she's available for coffee/dinner/movies?

5. Milez

Milez Member

She was sober and yes i tried to ask her again for coffee or lunch last week. She said she would try but didnt make it,and i dont mind waiting until shes done with work, but she said dont wait for her. I texted her saying i dont know when to see her again, she just replied see you soon.

6. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

If she's being non-committal it could me that: (1) either she's truly busy; or (2) she's thinking of a nice way to let you down easy.

If she is into you, then she'd make it clear that she is definitely into you. Her vague answers...her statements like "don't wait for her" seem to make me feel that she's not as into you as you might be into her. You might also be coming on a little strong for her -- kissing someone doesn't always mean that things will progress beyond that.

I hope I'm wrong.

I'd give her space -- if she likes you, she'll contact you.

Bluenote, rac and Nancy like this.
  7. Milez

Milez Member

I stopped texting her but she texted me last saturday to check on me,i didnt replied,and then yesterday i texted her goodmorning and we started texting again.She said she missed me she liked kissing me.Im still confused...

8. Just Me

Just Me Well-Known Member

Girls are confusing... I would try to set a confirmed date to see her again (don't just be like "hey lets go for coffee next week", be like "So, when should I make reservations for dinner?")

Don't walk into things expecting an immediate relationship, she's not going to drop everything to be with you just because of a kiss... I'm not sure whereas about in the world you were prior to America, but women in America are fairy free when it comes to kissing. I wouldn't let thinking that a girl likes me because of a kiss go to my head too much.... But the fact that she was sober and said she liked it! (you've got brownie points!)

Also if things don't work out romantically, remain friends (unless there's a valid reason not to be friends of course)... She might introduce you to your wife one day :)

Spygirl and rac like this.
  9. Milez

Milez Member

Thank you so much everyone for the advice and tips,i really appreciate it,@Just Me im from the bay area.Girls are super confusing but hopefully soon we will figured this out.I will ask her out for dinner and will keep you posted if she will accept it or not.

Just Me likes this.
  10. Milez

Milez Member

oh yeah im actually from the philippines,so im still adjusting to cultural differences specially with dating.

11. sela9

sela9 Well-Known Member

You should make sure you are not coming on too strong. Since you just moved to the US you should try to meet more people and more lesbians so you don't just cling to her.

Bluenote, Spygirl and Just Me like this.
  12. Milez

Milez Member

hello again just want to give update about her,she texted me saying it would be fun to have some drinks again next time but no specific date,i like the idea,maybe i should go with the flow for now

13. Just Me

Just Me Well-Known Member

Sounds like the best plan for now, just keep making as many friends as you can and somebody will come along :)

rac, Nancy and Milez like this.
  14. Milez

Milez Member

Thanks @Just Me :) anyone here in bay area?Lets hang out:)

15. sela9

sela9 Well-Known Member

She may be interested in you but unsure...In the past, If I went on a date with someone and thought they were nice but didn't think there was much chemistry or was uncertain to whether it would go anywhere i would have done the same thing...been a little distant but would check in and be friendly and say lets hang out...but not be specific or in a rush to hang out.... I would probably try to go on more dates with others and see whats other there.. Doesn't sound like this is very promising. i'm sorry, but don't want you to waste your time!

Milez likes this.
  16. Milez

Milez Member

Thanks! @sela9,i am going to date other people and will take it from there!:)

Bluenote likes this.