Help Me Decide if this is friendly or showing...

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by keepinitreal, Sep 15, 2014.

1. keepinitreal

keepinitreal Active Member

I'm having a hard time figuring out whether or not a friend of mine might be interested in me. It sucks because I have feelings for her, and if I have feelings for someone it totally ruins my objectivity and I can't read signs clearly.

{removed for privacy)

2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Re: Help Me Decide if this is friendly or sho...

I often tell my friends that I had thought of them because I do enjoy their company. Or they would not have been my friends. I love intelligent women and talking to them but it is all platonic. I often have a sense of euphoria when I meet a new friend that I click with. Her reactions to you could be a budding affair or close friendship. If she is really not happy in her relationship and looking elsewhere, wouldn't you like her to be someone who ends a relationship before beginning another? What if you get with her and someone else comes along? What if she is someone who is always chasing that relationship high in the beginning? I would be a little cautious even if she likes you and find out more about her current relationship.

It could all be very innocent on her part and she likes you because you are someone she could talk to. Then you have the problem of you being in like with her. If you don't like getting in between two people and you find this a temptation, you might want to talk to her about it. It would be bold of you and awkward for everyone, but if it is a temptation then it is best gotten rid of.

3. keepinitreal

I suppose it's unusual and sticks out to me because we aren't close by any means - so it's just surprising when someone you're just kind of starting to get to know lays all that affection on you. I've never really had that happen so it's unusual.

Yeah I don't want her to cheat, I don't want to get between them. I don't want her to do anything that might inspire guilt in herself, that would suck. And I don't want her to be a cheater or emotional cheater.

But what do I do? Do nothing and see if she breaks up with her? Just hang out with her as a friend for now?

FYI - I am still trying to keep my options open, I'm on OKCupid and setting up dates, etc. Should have a date this week.

But damn, I really like this girl :(

4. MizzLadyPants

MizzLadyPants Well-Known Member

It sounds like she probably does like you, but like you said she's in a relationship. I would advise you to keep your options open and continue to be her friend as you would normally. She could come around on her own.

I know there's been more than once where I've broken up with someone, Mainly so I could make room for someone else I fancied- so I could get to know them better etc, without being skeezy about it lol.

5. keepinitreal

Thanks for the comment. Yeah I'll just go about being her friend for now. Damn this sucks. I've never had such a crush on someone who is not available. Usually I am very good about not investing any thought in those people because I don't consider them possibilities. But it just happened, and then she started showing me all this attention so I didn't stand a chance :|