Hello

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ummmm, Jul 16, 2016.

1. ummmm

ummmm Member

hi!

I came to this website because i have a huge crush on a girl that i am too shy & anxious to act on & so i am perusing 'gay stuff' haha...
    I love girls & i have always loved them & got crushes on girls & my first massive infatuation was a girl.
    I want to feel more positivity & affirmation of my identity & this is a pretty supportive website i think.
    I am bi. But i am pretty late in exploring my sexuality/these kind of desires because i have never prioritised it. My first date + relationship was a couple of years ago with a guy and it was a bit awful. A stressful thing about being bi is your identity can be erased by someone u are intimate with...like i know some lesbians are not fans of bi girls because of trust issues which i completely understand (i am also nervous about being led on by someone experimenting or showing off)...but my ex also said "you aren't bi, you're with me" and laughed at me even though i was clearly serious & upset.
    I really wish i had lesbian friends i could just talk about these kind of issues with.
    I only just watched But Im a Cheerleader for the first time yesterday & i was gonna burst it is so gorgeous and funny. I've just been downloading lesbian movies all week- if u have anything to recommend i would prefer something lighthearted & with a happy ending.
    idk if anyone would reply to this but thanks for the website anyway ♪
    (*^ワ^*)

2. Gyldenragg

Gyldenragg Well-Known Member

Hi there! Welcome to AE! :)

It's a great place to start exploring this part of yourself - no matter how early or late in your life. Don't worry too much about biphobic lesbians. Sure, there are some of them out there, but if they have their heads screwed on properly it really shouldn't be an issue at all.
    One movie I'd definitely recommend is Imagine Me & You- nice, happy ending (which is still not that common ;p)!

Oh, and tell us more about this girl situation of yours (if you want to ofc)! :)

3. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Hey there! Hope you're enjoying it here so far!
    What a coincidence; most of us absolutely love girls too. Heck, just about all of us are girls. I'm a dude on the outside, transgender lipstick lesbian on the inside. I understand if you're a little more hesitant to talk to me versus the *real* lebbis, but I like to reach out and extend a warm greeting to as many folks as I can nonetheless. It's a small community overall in comparison to the outside world, and a lot of our threads and posts in AE's forum tend to go unreplied. Which may not be such a huge deal, but even as little as a nice "hello, I liked your post" can go a long way and make quite a difference. I'm available if you ever feel like just shooting the breeze. Cheers! —Greg

4. ummmm

ummmm Member

Hello greg :) oh u love girls too? whaddya know! hahah..It's a shame that it's not a very active community but it is still nice to have somewhere to go to. No way i'm not hesistant, any lesbian is great to talk to and thank u for saying hello!

I got shy and deleted a comment before, sorry gyldenraag. I was so wordy haha! but thank u for the welcome. <3

5. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Yeah—well, it's more than just loving them for me. It's almost anymore like if there aren't girls around, I'm...bored. I really like hanging out with my Dad and my brother, but y'know, that's family, that's a little different. But about 99.9% of girls I've met in person are "straight," in quotes, which means they're inevitably going to say something lousy about my entire gender. Which isn't fun, to put it lightly. So, even if I liked being a guy, I'd still feel a natural lesbian camaraderie, because of the shared gynephilia. Something for lebbis and dudes to bond over.
    And I know what you mean about being wordy. There've been posts or written forums where I've gone on and on, then taken a step back, and realized, oh my good God, what did I just do...that's just gonna freak people out right there. 'Course then again, I'm also a writer, so... :)

6. ummmm

ummmm Member

:) Are you involved in an LGBT community irl? This is my first time learning the term 'gynephilia' hehe i am behind with the times *shakes walking stick*
    I guess heterosexual cis guys are meant to 'love' women but as a bisexual girl i have to admit it doesn't feel like that sometimes. Sometimes i want to just be like 'im a lesbian' when i'm dealing with annoying guys but of course i can't just lie hehe.... as guys can still be attractive to me and i had a relationship with one. The level of objectification is irritating though because i know it is not just a 'natural' way to respond to attraction to someone?? I am attracted to girls too. I'm probably talking crap and generalising too much haha
    Are your dad and brother cool about yr gender then? They sound p chill

7. Gyldenragg

Nooooo ahahaha I was going to respond to that but now I don't remember what exactly you wrote. Damn it girl ;p

8. ummmm

ummmm Member

hm im sorry if u felt that was misandry, i really am talking about my real experiences of being objectified & watching women be mistreated... not ideas fed to me by the media. Every person has their negative traits.

gyldenragg lol, sorry!

9. Gyldenragg

Haha well well! Let me know if you have any questions after all then. ;)

10. ummmm

ummmm Member

hmmm i remember that i asked if you are in a relationship and if you are LGB and/or T? Also mentioned that i had already watched Imagine Me and You, which was heaps cute though implausible (i dont believe in love at first sight & not a fan of infidelity justified by that concept). I liked the characters though and they had good chemistry.
    And then i rambled on about my overthinking re: crush xD

11. Gyldenragg

Ah yeah that was it! (Don't worry about rambling in the future though!).
    Nope, I'm pretty single right now. And perfectly fine with that considering where I'm at in life right now. (But not going to lie, a little bit insanely much infatuated with this one girl who just came out of the blue in my life recently ;p But eh, that's how it usually goes right hahaha).
    And although I don't see the point in putting labels on necessarily, I am gay (L).

Ahaha yeah true, the film isn't exactly realistic eh? ;p Have you seen D.E.B.S? I find that one hilarious. Complete parody.

12. ummmm

ummmm Member

heehe ya exactly, same with me. I know i need some time to just be single but why does she have to be so lovely & chill & funny & cute...

yea haha but i am too critical- thats what romcoms are like. oh sweet, i will go download