Hello Ladies. I need advice from someone who's been in my current situation.

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by MsGaga420, Apr 2, 2017.

1. MsGaga420

MsGaga420 New Member

To make things short, I met a female co worker, who I barley started working with. The thing is she makes me feel some strong connection. It makes me wonder if she likes me, or she just wants to be friends. At first when I met her there was no instant attraction. We were just any other workers. However, a few months later I started to feel a strong connection towards her. And, I can't stop looking at her, or wondering what she's doing. I am curious to why I feel the way I feel towards her. I don't even know her well enough to feel the way I do. We hardly ever talk, and if we do it is work related. But when I look at her, or she looks at me I feel an electric feeling inside of me. It feels good. I can catch her staring at me sometimes and she looks away most of the time. At times she locks her stare until I look away. I dunno what is going on but I want to know. My friends tell me to talk to her but it feels like we're both extremely shy around each other. Help ladies, dance is needed her. What is going on? And what should I do?

2. Dangerous_Woman

Dangerous_Woman New Member

Hello :)

Oh wow! I am currently in the same situation-haha. We are co-workers, however we see each other for more or less seconds in various intervals, that may possibly add up to merely minutes of hours of a day. On first meeting, I thought she was an easy going person that I would click easily with, her not being my usual type this was not a case of lust at first sight. Though she is adorable and her body is banging, but I am always in work mode and am highly professional. Three months pass by and I find that I am wanting the very little time we interact to last forever and I have absolutely no idea why! I do find her intriguing and amazing from the little I know, however that is very little. And so, I find myself baffled by this vibe. And when we exchange glances it is far too overwhelming for me. Not being out at work and being professional, the risk of rejection to my ego and the uncertainty of her status… I am not attempting to pursue it. It is wise not to but a part of me is screaming I LIKE YOU, and another part of me is screaming HOW AND WHY DO I LIKE YOU SO MUCH?. Thus I am in the same predicament. Unless she actually does feel this also and is not just a wonderfully friendly person, she would have to make the first move and the odds in reality of that is very much unlikely because we can not see from the other persons prospective and so we see what we want and feel, which is a bias version of events. Oh what’s a girl to do? Just ride out the wave maybe. Or get to know her maybe?
    Kind regards.

greylin likes this.
  3. MsGaga420

MsGaga420 New Member

Oh my gosh. We are literally in the same situation haha. I'm pretty much waiting on her to come up to me and say somethin, and to start a convo. She doesn't, so I just stay away. I started conversation once, however she kept it going. I was just too overwhelmed to continue on for a while, so I walked away like an idiot haha. Then, today I smiled at her but she didn't smile back. I don't know if she was looking at me when I did it, or she just didn't wanna smile back. That pushed me away. I did though catch her looking at me as usual. That could mean anything though. So, I've decided to let it all go as of today. If it's meant to happen, it will.

4. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I am going to borrow from Dangerous_Woman and also past comments from Spygirl. Often because of our sexuality and levels of attraction, we may see what we want to see. For her, when she looked at you, she could be wondering if you like her work or her hair or her clothing, or what she had just said. For you, it is completely something else. In platonic situations, when women are in tune with each other, help each other and are open to real friendships, the situation is often very intimate and can feel romantic. But ultimately it is not. It is good to have allies at work, but romantic entanglements are are stumbling block to your career. Talk to her about friendly stuff if you like, but don't think this is a start of something.

Spygirl likes this.
  5. MsGaga420

MsGaga420 New Member

I don't think it's gonna go anywhere at this point. I was just wondering why I felt the way I felt for her. After all, it wouldn't hurt to go after what you feel like it's right. I'm just going day by day at my job. Either way, we're both very young, and having this feeling was something I wanted to figure out. I especially wanted to figure her out. After this month, I won't be working with her anyway so anything that I'm feeling would be soon put into the past. Plus, the other day she pumped into me very hard while I was on my phone and didn't even say sorry. That was really rude of her. I'm sure it was a one sided feeling. I was just curious to why she always looked at me.

greylin likes this.
  6. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

What you are feeling sounds like a crush, or a little mini crush.

Crush feelings can manifest bluntly- like lust, thinking someone is beautiful, getting butterflies and the hots everytime you see / hear / smell your crush.

But they can also manifest more subtly. Feeling connection, fascination, just wanting to be around them or talk to them, think what they do is really cool or wonderful.

Why we get crushes is a bit of a mystery and if you could solve that question, share it with the world, lol. Sure, sometimes it is obvious (I have a weakness for curly hair). Other times it can be more subtle- someone carries themselves with confidence, they have a great sense of humor.

I wouldn't pursue anything in a work environment, due to risks of sexual harassment rules and possible drama. Accept that it is a crush and leave it at that.

Btw, her phone bump was probably a clumsy way at trying to intiate talking with you. Hello middle school.

greylin and Spygirl like this.