Hello from Manchester, UK

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by hum_dinger, Jan 24, 2016.

1. hum_dinger

hum_dinger Well-Known Member

Hello everyone! I live in Manchester and I have just re-activated my profile after a few years. Hopefully I can meet some new friends. If anyone fancies chatting, let me know!

Anetra likes this.
  2. Pukeko

Pukeko New Member

Hey, welcome back. I've just reactivated my profile a month or so ago after a hiatus of a couple years. Hit me up if your keen for chats, I've begun my hibernation.

3. aussie_gabby

aussie_gabby Well-Known Member

Hey there and welcome :)

4. hum_dinger

Hi Pukeko. So what brought you back to the site? I always come on here to get updates about shows like Orphan Black because I bloody love that show but I haven't actually used my account for ages.

5. hum_dinger

Hey yourself! What time is it in Aus right now? At the moment it's 7.45am in Manchester and I'm bleary eyed and making my way to work!

6. aussie_gabby

Well now for me it's almost 7.30am and I'm getting ready to head off for work! It was Australia Day yesterday so I'm extra tired from celebrating!

7. hum_dinger

Ahh of course it was! A bit hungover I'm guessing? What did you do to celebrate?

8. aussie_gabby

Not hungover but I did drink more than I would on a work night so just kind of tired. I just had a bbq with my family. Nothing super exciting I'm afraid but it was good.

9. hum_dinger

That sounds lovely. It's nice you have the weather for a BBQ, it's been lashing it down with rain all day today here!

10. aussie_gabby

But it's always raining over there :) I actually think the UK flag should be rain and a cup of tea

11. hum_dinger

You're not wrong there. In all seriousness it does rain 99.9% of the time here! I feel sorry for people that come here on holiday ☔️

12. aussie_gabby

I've been to Manchester once... About 7 years ago. But I liked it. It's a nice little city. Shows how old I'm getting :)

13. hum_dinger

Oh ok so you know from personal experience! Where did you go/what did you do when you came?

I would love to go to Australia! It's at the top of my Bucklet list

14. aussie_gabby

I did the whole working holiday thing many years back. I was working in London but I came up to add a friend of mine who was living in Manchester. I did go on your little Ferris wheel. Went to canal street and all that.

15. hum_dinger

Cool, how long did you do work experience in England for? The weird thing is I haven't even been on our little ferris wheel or the London Eye. Always wanted to but haven't so far. I'm not actually from Manchester originally. I've lived in Lancashire for about 7 years but I am from Harrogate in Yorkshire.

What did you think of canal street? I find it can be a bit full on but also liberating because you can totally be yourself

16. aussie_gabby

Yeah it was alright. Jay a really condense gay scene. Not really my thing so much anymore. I was in England for a bit under two years. I was sad to leave.

The Ferris wheel in Manchester, I'm not sure you're missing too much. As for the one in London, I never went on it - too expensive at the time.

What made you move to Manchester then?

17. hum_dinger

Yeah gay bars aren't really my thing either. So you were over here for a while then. You've probably seen more of London than me

I originally moved to Wigan, which is near Manchester when I was 19 to be with me ex, but I have lived in Manchester for the last 2 and a half years with my current girlfriend. I would love to move back home at some point.

Do you like living in Australia or do you reckon you'd try living in other countries again?

18. aussie_gabby

You should go and see more of London then!

Australia is home to me but I wouldn't mind moving to Canada. I visited Canada a few years back and it was amazing. The people are nice and I like the cold :)

19. hum_dinger

Yes I definitely should. I've been a few times to go to Harry Potter world and to see The Lion King on the stage which was amazing!

Canada is also a place I definitely want to go. My Uncle has lived there for about 30 years and he's always saying I should come over and visit. I need to get my arse in gear with that because how often do you get free accommodation on holiday? I think you're the only person I've ever heard say they like the cold haha. I'm always to cold and because it's always so dark and cold here I really look forward to the summer ☀️

20. hum_dinger

Just noticed it should be "too cold" haha. Sorry, I hate when I get grammar wrong. I'm not a grammar nazi, I just like to get it right if I'm writing