Hello from Italy!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Alixandre, Apr 2, 2016.

1. Alixandre

Alixandre Member

Hello everyone my name is Alix, I just joined this forum and I figured I should post my greetings first.
    It looks like a lovely place and hope I can meet new people and maybe make some friends! :)

2. Gyldenragg

Gyldenragg Well-Known Member

Ciao, come stai? :)

Hope you enjoy the forums and all the cool people here! Whereabouts in Italy are you from?

3. Alixandre

Alixandre Member

Ciao, bene tu? :)
    I'm absolutely positive I'm gonna love it here. I live in Northeast Italy, are you familiar with it?

4. Gyldenragg

Bene bene bene! Ahaha sorry, that probably doesn't work as well in writing. I have a running joke with the parents of one of my flatmates (she's Italian), where I always jump into her conversation with them with my crazy attempts at Italian. The intro always consists of a few high-pitched 'bene' ;) Aaaanyway!

I am familiar with it as a matter of fact! In that area I've been to Venice, Treviso, Verona, Bologna etc. Guess Milan is a bit too westward to fall into that category. But yeah, the north part is where I've mainly traveled in Italy, haven't really been that far south in the country. (Yet!). :) I'm so jealous of your constant accessibility to Pan di Stelle... Having some withdrawal symptoms right now ;p

5. Alixandre

Alixandre Member

Ahahah that's funny!! Yes wow I see that you're very familiar with it, I'm gonna be in Bologna next week to visit some friends, I fall in love with that city every time a little more. Glad to see that 'yet' there, the south is really amazing I certainly hope you get to visit it in the future ;)

Oh yes Pan di Stelle, they're a drug but it's 2am here and I'm pretty sure I have none in the house so now I'm craving them too!
    Where are you from if I can ask?

6. Gyldenragg

Aaah, enjoy Bologna! I had this amazing dish there (their regional specialty apparently), but I never remember what it's called! So frustrating! It's an absolutely gorgeous city though :)

Haha, sorry for sharing the craving ;p Hope you got some when you got up today! I'm from Norway but studied abroad and now I'm working in the Netherlands. Have you been to either one of them? (Feel like there's quite a few Italians in the Netherlands actually!).

7. Alixandre

Alixandre Member

I wish I could help you remember, there are lots or regional specialties like tortellini, lasagne alla bolognese, passatelli, they're all delicious!

No unfortunately I haven't been to either of them, (yet!) but I've always wanted to visit Norway, in particular. One of my closest friend is from Sweden so maybe next time I'll visit her we'll get to plan a trip there :)

8. Gyldenragg

It was definitely tortellini (or tortelloni, that I don't remember), with some kind of purple vegetable or something. Ring any bells? It might have been the best pasta dish I've ever tasted, that's how I remember it at least.

You should definitely go! :) Where in Sweden is your friend from? And where have you been there, have you gotten the chance to explore the country? Swedes are cool people, and the language is gorgeous. Have you picked up any words or phrases? ;p

9. AditiMILAN

AditiMILAN Active Member

Hi... Welcome...

10. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Hello, Alix, paisan, and ciao indeed. I'm Italian too, on my Dad's side, though I've never been to Italy. Born and raised in the States, and never been off the continent. But hopefully one day.

11. gioaleja4296

gioaleja4296 Member

Hey! I'm from Puerto Rico :) I'm new to this website as well. Just passing to send my ciao!