Hello from Croatia :)

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sage_Cro, Mar 28, 2016.

1. Sage_Cro

Sage_Cro Member

Hello, folks - just wanted to say a couple of introductory words before I find my way around this site.
    LGBT community in Croatia is pretty close-knit and at times a bit intimidating for the newbies. I suppose that was one of the reasons for me signing up here - it seems as a great place for meeting some open minded and friendly people who are able to entertain certain thoughts without having to accept them, as an old sage once said!
    When it comes to myself, I love reading, teaching and travelling. I'm homesick for places I've never been to :)

2. Plane Jane

Plane Jane Active Member

Hello & welcome. (I'm new, too.) I've been homesick for places I've never been to, too.

3. Sage_Cro

Sage_Cro Member

Thanks, Jane, hope to see more of you here. I'm homesick for Utah as well, in case you wondered!

4. Plane Jane

Plane Jane Active Member

There are some beautiful places in Utah. But that Plitviče Lakes National Park looks amazing!

What do you like to read? Are you a teacher?

5. Sage_Cro

Sage_Cro Member

Ugh, I'm sorry that I'm replaying after so long, I haven't been here for ages! How do you know about Plitvice anyway? :)
    And yes, I'm a teacher, although I'm still on my last year of MA studies, so I only work part time. What do you do? Tell me what do you like the most about Utah?

6. Plane Jane

Plane Jane Active Member

I think I saw Plitvice on a travel TV show. Have you been there?

What do you teach? Or what will you teach after you finish your MA? (Your English is excellent, by the way.)

I work for a company that makes circuit boards. What do I like most about Utah? Hmm...I like the mountains. I've lived in different places in Utah, but always next to the mountains, so they make me feel safe. And they're so beautiful to look at and spend time in, in the canyons. Southern Utah is beautiful, too, with the red rock scenery.

What places in Utah are you homesick for? How do you know about Utah?

7. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Hi there. I'm a dude who represents the 'T' part—to be more precise, T-gender-L. It's a tricky subject to broach, but it's nice to have places and communities around like this, where there's at least a far lesser chance folks will judge or shun you for something you have no control over. :) Cheers!