Hello! From Canada

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by beyondthelimit, Oct 12, 2013.

1. beyondthelimit

Hey everyone, I'm new here on AE.
    Thought I would try to make some new people here.
    Anyone here from British Columbia, Canada as well? :D

2. Omglol

Omglol Well-Known Member

hello! I'm from Vancouver

3. natoosh

natoosh Active Member

Hi! I'm from Vancouver as well :)

4. SummertimeSadness

SummertimeSadness Well-Known Member

Hey

I am from Ontario visited BC when I was in high school, loved it it was very beautiful - nothing beats fresh mountain air. I was just outside of Vancouver, I forget what city. I have some extended family that live there.

5. natoosh

natoosh Active Member

Where in Ontario are you from? I was just in London and Toronto, hoping to move to Toronto for grad school in the fall!

6. SummertimeSadness

Hey I'm in London! What are you hoping to take in grad school? I'm hoping to go back to school for paramedic

7. natoosh

natoosh Active Member

Oh cool! I was in London visiting my brother who goes to school there and he loves it, how do you like it there? I'm planning to do my MA in Counselling Psych specialized in Addiction Studies. Oh wow, that would be an intense but I'm sure very rewarding career!

8. SummertimeSadness

I have mixed feelings about London, for the most part I like it but it can be boring- in terms of school though I went to both fanshawe and western and loved both here. That sounds like a interesting masters hopefully you get in! I have friends who live in Toronto and they love it there - they say it's much more exciting then London :p

9. Bamfsauce

Bamfsauce Member

I just wanted to say...

Canadians are so cool.

Okay, bye! :D

10. natoosh

natoosh Active Member

Haha yep, London is just a little less exciting than Toronto ;) My brother is at the Ivey business school and I've heard really great things. Do you want to go to school for paramedics in London or somewhere else?

11. SummertimeSadness

I applied last minute for paramedic in london, very last minute, 3 days before the deadline! Depending on if I get in or not I may look into other schools for next year. I don't know very much about other colleges, I know more info about universities in other cities but that is it. All of western in beautiful but the Ivey buildings are insane haha!

12. natoosh

natoosh Active Member

3 days before?! That's nuts haha. I took about a month to get my applications done. Would you ever consider coming out west for school? Oh yeah, the Ivey building is insane. I couldn't believe it's a building for students, it looks like it could be for a fancy firm or corporation!

13. SummertimeSadness

I know talk about time crunch, I am usually better prepared for those kinds of things - but I think college applications take less time then applying for a masters. If I found a school I liked out west I would definitely consider it. They were building the one Ivey buildling when I was in school there. It's funny I took kinesiology and most of our buildings are older and run down it wasn't fair. When will you find out about getting in to Toronto?