Greetings from the Pacific Northwest!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zmbsrxq, Aug 17, 2016.

1. zmbsrxq

zmbsrxq Member

Hello ladies! My name is Sarah and I'm 32 from Vancouver, WA. I'm new to the forums and have thoroughly enjoyed many articles on this website. While I like making new friends in general, I am specifically looking to connect with my local community. I would love to find a social meet up of local queer women in the Portland Metro area. On this site, I've seen references to a previous LezBiBuy meet-up in Portland and I found this article. I've also looked on meetup.com. Does anyone know of any regular or upcoming events? I'm looking for friendship (not a dating site) for newbie-friendly social gatherings like game nights, book club, movie nights, hikes, picnics, etc. Really looking forward to finding a group of open minded non-judgmental gal pals. Thanks for reading! =)

P.S. Anyone know if there is a way to search all the forums (i.e. "Portland, OR") ?

2. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Hello there, lady, welcome! (I'm a gent on the outside, t.g. lesbian on the inside.) I hope you don't mind me greeting you as well, I try to go around and say hi to everybody possible. If you're looking for a specific search to make, have you tried clicking on the magnifying glass in the upper right corner? Cheers!!

3. zmbsrxq

zmbsrxq Member

Hi Greg, nice to meet you! I feel silly now I see how to search the forums. I found a couple people who may be somewhat local but the posts were from years ago. I believe I saw a post from you in a thread on The L Word. Do you remember Alice's boyfriend Lisa from the first season, a self proclaimed "lesbian-identified man"? Is that kind of how you see yourself?

4. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Nice to meet you as well! Well, in basic terms...I have always felt more like and identified more as a gay woman inside than a man. I've explained it in the very first AE post I made, on 5/3/14. That post is here—http://forums.afterellen.com/threads/the-lebbi-in-me.1039/—and there's a big essay I wrote in much more depth on Literotica—https://www.literotica.com/s/the-lebbi-in-me—although I feel I should warn there there's kind of a lot to read there, and some of it deals more with hardships that men face in general than the gender identity. But yes, bottom line, I like to talk to everyone on AE and hope they regard me almost as if they would each other. Hopefully not like, "What's a dude doing around here making all these posts?"... :D