Greetings from a closeted lesbian

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Frances007, Feb 26, 2018.

1. Frances007

Frances007 New Member

Hi y’all. My name’s Frances.. I’m in my mid twenties and I’m located in a rural town in southern Ontario. Even though I do identify myself as a lesbian, I don’t have many LGBT friends locally.. well I only have one genderqueer friend, that’s it. And obviously, I never dated a gay woman (and never will). From where I live, it’s a hetero dominated town, and there are no LGBT events near by. So it feels like I’m the only closeted lesbian living in a small town lol. Never came out to my family (well it won’t happen anyways) and I only came out to three of my friends. The reason why I signed up on AfterEllen is because I would like to interact with other lesbians online. It’ll be nice if I ever get the chance to meet gay women for once and just basically talk. My dream is to find lesbian friendships, someone who’s actually like me. For many years up to present day, I’m still struggling with isolation, and depression as well. I am sure some of you might relate to this as well, where you live in a rural area and you feel like you’re the only lesbian in your hometown. Honestly, that’s how I feel everyday. Anyways, sorry for the long rant. It’s already hard enough not finding someone to talk to. Life is definitely tough. Hope this website works out. Thanks for reading.

2. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Hi Frances, I’m Greg. I’m a dysphoric lesbian (something perhaps related to your gender-queer friend). I’m sorry to read about your situation, it sucks that this is still such a heterocentric world and so many of our closet doors are sticky, and no one’s exactly dying to help us out of them. Good on you for doing what you can and reaching out to us (Internet’s a wonderful thing). On my inside, I’m a 101% extremely femmy lipstick lesbi who’s just dying to come out...but doing so while still in this body would send the wrong message. And I write and post short lesbian romance/erotica stories to live vicariously through the characters. You can feel free to talk to me as much as you’d like. But if you’d prefer someone who’s a girl on the inside and outside, there is my good pal greylin who’s also going about and greeting the newbies. And there’s a nice long paragraph to match your own. Cheers! :)

3. Frances007

Frances007 New Member

Hi Greg :) Forgive me for replying so late.. it’s been a very busy week. Thank you for your reply.. it kinda made me feel better in a way that I’m not the only one who’s struggling with all this. And I’m sorry for what you’re going through too, but at least you keep yourself occupied by writing lesbian stories and such, and I think that’s really cool! I do hope we can talk again soon :)