Good morning

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by ScienceChic, Feb 20, 2018.

1. ScienceChic

ScienceChic New Member

Hello everyone, Jenny from England here. Just a quick introduction - I'm a science geek and art lover, in a relationship and hoping to read interesting new things, listen to interesting new people and maybe even meet interesting new contacts!

2. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

Hi there, Jenny from England. I am Greg from Maryland, USA (dysphoric lesbian, in the body of a gentleman). I am quite an Anglophile. And Jenny’s also my ex-wife’s name. Science and art were admittedly never my best subjects, but I enjoy and admire them nonetheless. I haven’t been greeting everybody lately—because I wonder if other users tire of seeing my name on all the posts. But the site’s activity’s been sadly dwindling, and I felt someone should still be corresponding, if only for the newbies. Cheers, nice to meet you.

greylin and ScienceChic like this.
  3. ScienceChic

ScienceChic New Member

Thanks Greg.

4. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

Welcome, @ScienceChic. I love your profile pic.

@Greg, you are so silly. :) I for one am always glad to hear from you!

5. ScienceChic

ScienceChic New Member

Thank you!
    I'm a mountain biker and one of the nicest things anyone ever said of me was that I was like "mud-splattered Audrey Hepburn on a bike" - hence the profile pic :)

6. greylin

That is a nice thing to say! Reminds me of an Audrey Hepburn quote when she was filming a messy dance scene with Fred Astaire and I guess kicked up some mud, “Here I've been waiting twenty years to dance with Fred Astaire, and what do I get? Mud in my eye!”

ScienceChic likes this.
  7. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

*raising plastic cup* Here’s the aforementioned mud in your eye, kiddo.
    Thank you, grey, sorry I’ve been somewhat m.i.a. on AE for a while. Guess, like I said in this post, maybe other users got a little weary of me.
    Hey, I started a Twitter for my writing and stories, by the way. —Sapphire Smokey

greylin likes this.
  8. ScienceChic

ScienceChic New Member

If I have an ounce of Audrey's style, grace and sophistication, I'll be happy!

greylin likes this.
  9. greylin

Maybe your friends made that comparison for a reason? It is not just looks? Anyway, it is awesome you go mountain biking!