Good evening from Scotland!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Lady Kiki, Aug 11, 2015.

1. Lady Kiki

Lady Kiki Member

Hello, I've been a lurker for a while now, but these forums seem like a really friendly place to stop and chat so thought I'd join up!

I suppose a wee bit about me is in order... I'm closeted right now, it's been about 5 years since I've really realised and came to terms with being gay (I'm 34, we didn't have many gay role models when I was growing up, so it never occurred to me that my lack of interested in boys was actually normal for me and I wasn't the uncaring so-and-so some people would have me believe).

I don't actually know many people in real life who are gay so I've no one to talk to this about. It wouldn't change anything about me being out, apart from probably being a lot happier, but I'm finding the words difficult to get out of my mouth, I don't do well with personal discussions!

I hope through these forums I can speak to people and get advice, so hopefully see you around!:)

FingerSmith, Wild Orchid and Emmarose like this.
  2. aussie_gabby

aussie_gabby Well-Known Member

Hi there :) Welcome :) how are you?

3. Lady Kiki

Lady Kiki Member

Hello! Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm great thanks, you? :D

4. aussie_gabby

I'm pretty good thank you. although I think I might be getting a cold. How's life in Scotland? :)

5. Lady Kiki

Lady Kiki Member

Oh no! Plenty fluids and rest! Scotland is alright, although its that weird cross over between summer and autumn, the weather is rotten but the rain is warm... More excited than I should be at the prospect of digging out a winter coat soon! I'm going to hazard a guess and say you're in Australia? :oops:

6. aussie_gabby

I am indeed :) Well I love winter. We dont get a proper winter in Sydney unfortunately. I like the cold, winter coats and all that.

It's always a good excuse to drink red wine and whiskey!

7. Lady Kiki

Lady Kiki Member

Ha, any excuse for a drink! Our past few winters have been very mild, we tend to get snow now in February and March, but not good enough for snowballs! On the bright side, there's less time scraping the car :D

Sydney is a city I'd love to visit, some girls I worked with left to go travelling around Australia, it was somewhere they kept going back to. New Years celebrations look amazing there!

8. aussie_gabby

Where abouts in Scotland are you located?

New years is spectacular for fireworks. Although these days I'm more of a celebrate at home with friends at New Years girl. A bit lame I know :)

9. Lady Kiki

Lady Kiki Member

Hi, sorry for late reply, work has been rather hectic :eek:

And chilling with friends on New Year's Eve isn't lame at all, I stay in with a box set and a face mask!! It's always a bit of an anticlimax, and hang overs aren't great the older you get...!

I stay on the outskirts of Glasgow, it's pretty quiet, but would love to move into the city centre one day. It's just so bloody expensive o_O

10. aussie_gabby

Ah it's not cool when work gets over hectic.

Sydney's the same, super expensive :(

So nothing exciting going on this weekend/or had gone on this weekend?

11. Lady Kiki

Lady Kiki Member

We're short a manager, and I've been there longest and can do most things so I'm considered the 'strongest' which means they can lump me with the managerial tasks but not pay me because 'it's only once in a while...' :rolleyes: it's a great team I work with and everyone does their fare share so it's not all bad.

I'm meeting friends for a much needed catch up this week, though a quiet one because I'm in early again on Sunday, weathers been good though so if it keeps we'll find a beer garden somewhere! What about you?

12. aussie_gabby

I am a big fan of a beer garden :)

Oh and the 'we call you to the extra work because your skilled'.... And then not pay you.... I love it how they put that.

My parents are coming back from a big trip so I might see them depending on how jet lagged they are. Maybe catch up with a friend of mine.

Nothing super exciting. It's starting to get a bit warmer here so I'm waiting for some good BBQ weather!

13. Lady Kiki

Lady Kiki Member

Haha yeah, they always say you're doing them a favour, suppose it looks good on a cv. Can't complain too much, I probably get liberties that other staff don't get!

BBQ weather has completely missed us this year, I envy you the warm weather! Although the schools went back this week after summer holidays, the sun has decided to come back out, it's been great chilling in the park while it's quiet!

There's something about good weather that just puts everyone in a great mood!

14. aussie_gabby

Yeah especially in the UK when good weather season only lasts for two weeks.

I do prefer cold
    Over warm though. I like spending the whole weekend watching tv snuggled up under a blanket

Lady Kiki likes this.
  15. Emmarose

Emmarose Active Member

Hi Kiki
    Thank u for your post - I'm new in 'realising I am gay ' and so it's good to read how others are getting on -
    I guess the big thing is worrying about how others will react -
    I mean really it's no ones business who I fancy is it ?
    I think in some ways I don't really mind how people react - if it's negative or they struggle with it then I suspect it's to do with some learnt attitude or fear -
    Saying that I haven't told many people (2) both of whom I don't know that well

I mean it's funny isn't it - being gay is so usual what is the issue really ?

I like an article I read 'being gay is the 47th most interesting thing about me :)

All best wishes
    Maybe we could go up Ben Nevis and shout it from up there :)

16. Sapphology

Sapphology Member

Hello!

I am new to this site and was glad to see some posters from the UK. I am from Scotland myself but live in England now and have done for some time.

I hope that you find some new friendships from this site. Can only get more positive from here. Will look forward to your future posts. :)

Lady Kiki likes this.
  17. LadyJoJo

LadyJoJo Member

I am also in Scotland and only recently out (and feeling a lot better for it)! Moving from Glasgow up to Inverness in a few weeks but will be back quite a lot. Glasgow definitely helped me feel a lot more comfortable in my own skin.

Welcome to the forum too. I've only just started posting here a bit more regularly. Everyone seems really cool and friendly.

Lady Kiki and Wild Orchid like this.
  18. meetthesharpies

meetthesharpies Active Member

Welcome aboard the forum buddy, have a great stay here.

Lady Kiki likes this.
  19. Jadams53

Jadams53 Member

Hi :) I'm still closeted as well and also recently admitted my gayness to myself. Makes me feel better to know I'm not the only one in the boat (that isn't a 12 year old lol). Best of luck to you!

Lady Kiki and Wild Orchid like this.
  20. Wild Orchid

Wild Orchid Member

Welcome Lady Kiki :)

Lady Kiki likes this.