Give it a go?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by MLL, Jan 25, 2015.

1. MLL

MLL Member

Hi :)

I've just joined AE so this is my very first post on this forum, I look forward to getting to know some of you and to posting some more.

Suppose I should get started on this one...

There's this girl that works in the same part of the office that I work in. I am starting to get to know her quite well and the more time I spend around her the more I start to like her. There are some things she's done and said that have made me start to think she might be interested in me, although I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet because there is no way I can know for sure just now.

To start with she is always super smiley around me, and goes out of her way to chat to me. She does not act the same way around others. One day she said she needs to organise her coloured folders into a 'rainbow' hahahaha which I guess is something that really got my attention.

Anyhow... fast forward a bit and I was sitting I the lunch room next to her when she all of a sudden asked whether I might be free to go out for lunch with her next week, of course I said I would be and that we can sort out a time next week at work.

One of us will have to approach the other to sort this out as we did not sort out a specific time in the lunch room. Should I make the move? Should I wait for her to make the move?

Last edited: Feb 10, 2015
  2. Kit

Kit New Member

I don't read people well, so my advice is always to take it slow and get a better feel of the situation. You have a good point that, at the least, you could end up being friends. Good luck!

MLL likes this.
  3. karin000aoi

karin000aoi Member

Yeah, I went through somethig similar a while ago. This girl invited me to watch FAKING IT with her, like c'mon. Hahaha I was really invested in getting to know her better and spending time with her, but she turned out to be straight. Meeh.

However, she's one of my very good friends now! So I would say go for it, make the move for the lunch thing, but don't get your hopes up. And don't try to read every single thing she does, it'll drive you crazy.

Good luck with her!!!

MLL likes this.
  4. Johille Anderson

Johille Anderson Well-Known Member

Hey. In my opinion, you should accept the offer and head out for lunch with her. Spend the time getting to know her, and hopefully by the end of it all, you'll get a sense of where it's heading. Based on that, you'll then know what to do next. #GoodLuck #HaveFun #EnjoyYourself

MLL likes this.
  5. MLL

MLL Member

Thanks everyone, just taking things slow for the time being and shall see what happens :)

funnylocks:) and karin000aoi like this.
  6. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

Just set a time and date since she's already asked. She may just want to be friends or it may be more. You never know but you'll find out more during your lunch date. :)

7. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

It's just lunch....a low pressure situation. It could be about making friends at work...it could be about more. Go into it with no expectations other than to have lunch. If anything else happens, consider it a bonus.

8. Johille Anderson

Johille Anderson Well-Known Member

Get to know her much better over lunch, and if it clicks:

Otherwise, just consider it an offer to friendship. As simple.