girl with bf freezes up when sees me

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by sunlight, Feb 5, 2014.

1. sunlight

sunlight Member

Hello everyone!

So here’s the situation: There’s this girl at uni with whom we share some classes. It’s been a while since I noticed some eye contact to which I didn’t respond to, just caught with the corner of my eye cause I rarely respond thinking it’s probably in my head and stuff like that. Then, I noticed she had a boyfriend which really acted as a confirmation to my early assumption (‘it’s probably nothing’). The glances didn’t stop though and every time we’re in the same room I catch her looking over. A few times I responded in a neutral way and we locked eyes but I looked away soon as she wouldn’t. Lately seems like getting worst. The other day I was standing in the classroom about a row behind her and when she turned over and saw me she totally froze up and wouldn’t look away. She did that once more when we accidentally met at Starbucks. I entered and she was already there and when she saw me she locked her eyes and kind of froze up.

I know I am a lesbian and to me she seems at least bi-curious, but I think it’s more than that. The thing is, even if it’s more than that it’s probably her first time feeling this way judging by her reactions.

So what do you think is going on? Could it be just friendly interest, curiousity or a crush?

What should I do? I feel extremely flattered she’s so pretty.

Help is much appreciated!

2. shyychick

shyychick Member

I'd say keep it simple. Just give her a small smile and a "hey" if she's close enough to hear you, then gauge her reaction. She's probably shy if she's done all that staring without saying anything lol but something about you definitely has her intrigued.

If you do end up on friendly terms with her just be sure to keep your feelings guarded as she does have a boyfriend.

3. flo

flo Member

The person you wrote about kinda sounds like me and the situation am in right now, expect I never met her in Starbucks lol . To answer your question I think she likes you, but at the same time you make her feel uncomfortable and she doesn't know how to deal with the feelings she gets when she sees you .

4. sunlight

sunlight Member

thanks for the responses!

@shyychick that was my plan pretty much ;)

@flo wow you could give me some real feedback :) say you are comfused and uncomfortable, how would you like that other person to respond? ignore you untill you make up your mind, or would you like to be approached in a friendly way and see what happens?

5. TADinUS

TADinUS Well-Known Member

Its been a long while since last post...

When people grow up in a "protected" home, many homosexuals (or bi) tend to date the opposite sex because its expected, its hard to say "no" to someone when they are shy. Such as the BF. When these kids move out and go to university, far away from parents and friends - they have more freedom to be themselves, so expressing such feelings is new.

So yeah, she either find you attractive and scared to ask... or she is scared of homosexuals. When you catch her staring, look into her eyes and give her eyes... like "lets talk"... someone needs to talk, sooner or later.

6. sunlight

sunlight Member

Thanks for the response,

about "...or she is scared of homosexuals" I wouldn't be sure. I mean, I never gave her any signs of my interest and besides, she couldn't tell by my appearence. The thing is, we haven't seen each other much lately. I guess the best would be to try to get to know her if we continue to get classes together. If only I was a little less shy.

7. TADinUS

TADinUS Well-Known Member

I used to be horribly shy.

Learn to social drink and loosen up. A bit at a time. It took me years to work a big chunk of it off.
    I do like meeting new people... just to expand my experiences.

Just joke around with anyone you meet. Cashiers, ticket lady, etc. Say something silly and move on. They are a stranger. When they say "hows your day", say "it sucks"... throws them off.