Girl at work

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Golferchick19, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Golferchick19

Golferchick19 Member

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so I'm sorry if it not but I just want some advice. I started a new job not too long ago and I met this girl at work that I have a crush on. Many of my co-workers are dating each other so there are no rules against it, and she works in a different department than I do. Anyway, she has to come into my building to clock in and I have been trying to flirt with her and whatnot but then she goes to her building. So I only have a few minutes to talk to her and I am not a great flirt. Also, the girl that works with me is kind of stepping on my game! She doesn't know that I'm gay and therefore have a crush on this other girl. So whenever I try to talk and flirt, she enters the conversation and ruins it! This is the first girl in a long time that I've been really interested in and I want to start talking to her and get to know her as soon as I can. If anyone has any advice or whatever that can help me, I would really appreciate it. Thanks!

2. Brandy Alexander

Brandy Alexander Well-Known Member

First, do you know whether or not this girl you have a crush on is actually gay? If she is gay, is she single? I would discreetly find out the answers to these two questions before proceeding. Secondly, I would NOT under any circumstances resort to profanity and physical altercations to prevent another girl from "stepping on my game". I believe the profanity and physicality will send an unflattering representation of your character. It will make you look aggressive, stalker-ish, and undesirable. Nobody really wants to date anyone sporting any of those negative characteristics. Unless that's who you are, however, since you're asking for advice I think you're not.

If she is gay and single, given you have a limited window to interact with her, maybe ask her for coffee one afternoon. I think a coffee date has less pressure then dinner. Is there a local coffee shop or casual restaurant or bar people hang out? Maybe you could just suggest you will be there after work, if she would care to stop by and say "Hi". Give her a low pressure situation to assess whether or not she is interested in getting to know you in return. Let us know how things go. Good Luck!