Gift to someone u never met.. yet..

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Alaska, Dec 7, 2013.

1. Alaska

Alaska Member

Hi! Please help... D:

Last July, I met someone awesome online, I really like her, but i haven't met her in person yet because I'm too occupied with work right now, I work in a game studio and I seldom see the sun. hah. Also, I want our first date to be perfect.

Idk if she likes me. But she never said or atleast made me feel she's not interested. In spite of me being straightforward about my feelings for her.

So. I impulsively bought two gifts last night. One is something she wants. I know because she mentioned it one time. And the other one is a bit pricey pen. I bought it because she likes to write and she's actually good at it. Would it be weird/creepy to give them to her as a christmas gift? Is it too early for me to give her a gift? Or should I just give the pen on her birthday? It's February.

I don't really care if she doesn't have a gift for me too. I completely understand that. I just can't keep myself from "offering" stuff to her. :/ But i don't want to make her feel awkward.

What do you think? Thanks in advance!

2. Maison Clicquot

Maison Clicquot Well-Known Member

There's nothing creepy about showing how much you think about her, when she already knows your feelings towards her.

3. Boo

Boo Well-Known Member

I think you're very sweet.
    I also think random gifts are the best! Occasional gifts are expected, predicted and can get too hyped up for one party and not enough for the other. I like the idea of random 'Hello, I got you this because I like you a lot" gifts.
    Like I said, you're very sweet.

4. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Hi, it's very difficult to answer that question without knowing how she feels about you. Of course, a profusion of gifts can make a person feel awkward, especially if they don't want anything from you. Also, of course, a profusion of gifts can make a person feel delighted.

It depends on who is doing the giving and the context of your relationship. I think something homemade or cheap or funny or casual is good for first time gifts. Especially if it took time to find or prepare, but didn't cost that much...then that's a good first time gift. I'm not so sure about two lavish presents, or even one. It's up to you to decide really, but personally I would err on the side of caution. However, the world probably won't end if you don't...so up to you. What is more important really is that you examine your urge to lavish her with stuff, and see what your differing motives might be and how those motives might be interpreted.

5. Alaska

Alaska Member

Thanks ladies! I haven't given her the gifts yet.. still thinking about it.

She's a few years older than me and I like her a lot. She's the only person who made me realize that I can actually compose long e-mail messages. Heh. I already gave her a few digital illustrations, one was her portrait. The other two were fan arts. Idk, i feel enthusiastic when i do something for her.

She never said she likes me. And if she does like me or if I have a chance with her, i'll never find out unless she tells me directly. Sadly, i'm still in the process of improving my empathy. :?:

But yeah, i think i'd still give them to her. The pen has her name on it, hah. On January, perhaps. If she freaks out.. then, i'll just have to adjust.