Getting back together

Discussion in 'Relationships' started by SaraElias, Jul 11, 2017.

1. SaraElias

SaraElias New Member

Hello people my name is Sara and I need a bit of advice....
    My girlfriend and I broke up after 6 years together, our relationship was always good we never had any problems to be honest. We are from Spain and we've been living in London for 5 years. She wanted to go back to Spain but I wanted to stay as my career was starting to get better. Then I guess that as a result of her not being happy here our relationship started to crumble...there wasn't any communication between us. One day she told me she was confused about us, that she was missing so many things back home and she wasn't sure if it was worthy to stay in London just for me, we broke up and she went back to Spain for 2 months.
    She came back last week, as she needed to finish some paperwork, and she told me she made a huge mistake and that she missed me and she wanted to get back together. The problem is, she was with someone right after we broke up, she told me she didn't know why she did it but she felt really sorry and she was hoping I could forgive her.
    I know I don't have to forgive her for being with someone else as she was single...but even if I want to go back with her because I love her I can't get that fact out of my mind...
    My head is a mess atm I want to be with her but how can I forget that she was with someone else...

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

She was single. She was allowed to be with other people. She was probably confused, sad and scared and 'acted out' - indulged in something intense (a fling) to distract her from her pain.

How do you forget? You don't. You say to yourself 'in this day and age, it's common for people to have more than one sexual partner in their lifetime.' Then try to accept that life frequently doesn't live up to our idealistic notions. But a slightly less than ideal life can still be a really wonderful happy life.

It would be a shame if you walked away from a great girl who loves you over this.

Spygirl, greylin and SaraElias like this.
  3. SaraElias

SaraElias New Member

Thanks Bluenote

4. SyncSA

SyncSA New Member

You said she was with someone directly after you broke up. It's not easy and you start questioning yourself and the relationship. This is normal.
    She was in Spain for 2 months after that happened. She had time to think, figure it out and realize that even though that happened once off that she still wants to be with you. Had she come back the week after that happened I would have said no don't take her back.

This is different, she isn't coming back because she feels guilty, or wants her bread buttered both sides. She is back because she realized she is happy with you after spending time ALONE.

Take that to mind, she wants to be with you. That is the most important part!

greylin, Bluenote, Nancy and 2 others like this.