Germany

Discussion in 'International' started by allegra2, Mar 12, 2014.

1. allegra2

allegra2 Member

Hi,
    I live in Germany, in Hamburg to be precise, but it is a little difficult to connect with other L-girls as my German, well, let's just say it is not inexistent but it is also pretty low. Anyway I would love to hear from fellow expats in Germany or nice German girls who understand that I cannot speak their beautiful language (no irony there, I really like German, it is just so hard to learn).
    Cheers!

Yassmina likes this.
  2. FreyaMitchell

FreyaMitchell Member

Hey,

I'm German and I wouldn't have a problem with writing in English :)
    Where are you originally from?

Cheers!

Yassmina likes this.
  3. hannah7

hannah7 Member

Hi Germans / Temporary Germans,

My partner and I are currently living in Bremen. She's doing some research at the University, and I'm here on vacation. We'd love to meet up with fellow AfterEllen folks who might be in the area. Anyone going to see the tUnE-yArDs in Hamburg next week?

I'll be here 'til mid-June, my partner is here through August, so send me a message if you stumble upon this post within the next couple months.

Yassmina likes this.
  4. allegra2

allegra2 Member

Hi girls,

Sorry did not get to see your answers til today, anyhow to answer the 1st question I am French but pretty much lived everywhere so not sure what I am anymore and not sure if it really matters :)
    Also Hannah if you are in the Vicinity of Hamburg let me know !
    Cheers :)

5. hannah7

hannah7 Member

Hey Allegra,

Thanks for replying. We were only up there for a couple days. Probably won't be passing through Hamburg again 'til we fly out of here, but I'll let you know if we happen to head north again before then.

Hope you've been enjoying the nice weather!

6. maihochzwei

maihochzwei New Member

So sad that the last post in here was written in May. Hey German girls! What's up?

7. allegra2

allegra2 Member

I am wondering the same thing ..... To be honest thus reflect my experience of meeting lesbians in Germany in 3 years....close to nothing even though I am trying

8. HKX

HKX New Member

Long time since somebody posted here but I'll give it a go:

Well, there certainly is a "scene" in Germany but somehow people like to keep their things private for most parts - no matter if straight, gay or whatever's going on in their lives. That's just your typical German being rather standoffish ;)
    However, I'm also from Germany. I do live in Bavaria, though, and am hard-pressed for money at the moment so if anybody happens to visit Munich or so I'd definitively come around :)

9. Yassmina

Yassmina Member

Should we organise a get together?

I am writing a blog about Lesbians of Europe, places to go, stories ect and would love to include Berlin & Munich.

Is there a big event we can aim for so that we can chat first and them meet up later?

10. allegra2

allegra2 Member

Hi ! So im not completely desperate just yet. I have now created a meetup for lgbt in hamburg. Seems like more and more people are joining feel free to come too !!
    Hamburg-LGBT-Social-Group-Meetup