general observations of the new ae

Discussion in 'Welcome to the new AfterEllen!' started by Just Me, Jul 12, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Just Me

Just Me Well-Known Member

How can a topic have 0 views and 21 replies?
    Where do you log in?
    Does anybody at ae actually read the feedback? Or are y'all just slinging it on to harpy?
    Does harpy get paid enough to deal with us nut cases?
    Is Ryan an 8th grader in a website development class?
    If the site is meant to be more mobile friendly, why is it so mind blowingly frustrating to use on my my galaxy s2 & 4 and my I phone?
    As I write this on my s4 I have to write in the note pad and copy it to the forum because trying to type on the forum is a complete joke.
    I like the color pink. Just not in small writing against a white back ground.
    I can't edit my profile with any of my phones... Again, mobile friendly, eh? Do any of you use your phones? And if so, what is it? How do you make sense of this mess?

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

I concur. The website and forum functions are terrible on my phone. (iphone).

The website is just one long string of stuff - no way to sort, or just jump to topics that interest me. I don't want to scroll through a zillion stories on a timeline.

I also agree, the forum stuff doesn't work at all on my phone. The dialog boxes are totally non-functional and don't zoom or scale.

Plus the pictures are all weirdly stretched.

This is the worst launch I think I have ever seen. It looks like there was no beta testing before taking it live. I mean really, getting pictures to scale should be pretty basic stuff.

3. Harpy

Harpy Well-Known Member

The site changes and feedback are being followed closely by myself, Karman and Logo staff. But it's really best if you post your feedback in the main blog regarding the site changes. I've been composing feedback since the change and it is being submitted to the powers that be as well as my own feedback.

4. baked goods

baked goods Member

I don't want to look like I'm ignoring what you just said on purpose, but I'm too lazy to go back to the front page and find the main blog again. Anyway, when you look at a forum, the list of most recent posters on the right is headed 'lastest' - this probably should read 'latest'. I guess you guys have bigger fish to fry, but it looks a bit silly. Unless you're trying to be silly, which is OK, I guess.

Otherwise, I'm not keen on the site. I'm not happy with the Facey B linking (can't work out if this will post on my time line or not). I don't really like the colours, I'm finding it difficult to find old L Word recaps - not that I read them on a regular basis or anything - and the main page layout wastes space, while the forums look bizarrely dated. But that's all just my opinion. I guess it could be much worse. It hasn't broken on me yet, for one thing.

5. Eloise

Eloise Well-Known Member

Where have the forums been anyway? Also, if we can type in a nice big rich text box in the forums, why do we just get a lousy thin strip to type our posts in on the main blogging section? I don't know who designed the new site, and I firmly believe in hireing the disabled, but maybe you shouldn't have hired a blind person to design something people are actually supposed to see with their eyes open.

When will we be able to change our name back to the one we were using before so that it actually shows up when we post? Who made the executive decision to use the name associated with a user's email account? What happened to our avatars? Everyone has been stripped of their idenity.

Has anyone talked to Sarah W. to see if she'll come out of retirement and design a new website for lesbians? You know, one that's easy on the eyes, easy to navigate, and a great place to communicate with each other. Pretty much just like the one that was trashed for this new site, only not owned by the people who hate their audience.

6. Kewlego

Kewlego Member

Dear AE,

I didnt jump on the harping bandwagon when the site launched. I hoped that you just needed time to work things out. But, it is still soooo hard to navigate this site. I find myself not coming to this site anymore because it gives me a headache. Today I found myself looking at SheWired for my lesbian fix, which although not my favorite lesbian site, at least it is navigatable. Please bring a readable format back to the site. Or at least put things in chronological order so that I can figure out some sort of logic.

Thanks

7. julie

julie Well-Known Member

is it normal that i find private Messaging when hitting the Forums tab? and are Messages in my outbox actually send or just stuck there?

8. Harpy

Harpy Well-Known Member

If a message is showing in your outbox that means it was sent but the recipient hasn't read it yet. Once it has been read it will be removed from the outbox.

The private message feature is a part of the forums, so to access it you have to be here. :)

9. julie

julie Well-Known Member

makes sense :D thank you

10. PeterMich4

PeterMich4 Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.