Frustration

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by alixmc17, Mar 12, 2014.

1. alixmc17

alixmc17 Member

What do you do with a bi woman who treats you like you're in a relationship mentally(the good and the bad) but nothing physically? Oh by the way, i have major crush on her.

2. Brandy Alexander

Brandy Alexander Well-Known Member

We could do the truly "Lesbian" thing and analysis this situation to death, however, I believe this " but nothing physically" relationship (I use this term loosely) isn't going in a positive direction. We all suffer from the occasional crush. No one is immune from the crush syndrome. I think crushes are just a way of practicing being in love until the real thing comes along.

I'm probably a true romantic because I do believe in "love at first sight". "Love at first sight" needs to be mutual most importantly and the getting to know each other phase that follows is a mere means of reinforcing how right your (both of your) basic instincts were in the first place. She isn't into you so move on. Yes, there is a possibility she will change her mind, but I don't think that will happen. Also, you will never have equal footing in the relationship if one develops because you obviously care more about her than she does towards you.

I know getting over a crush and moving on is easier said than done. I've lost count how many crushes I've had over the years including straight girls, bi girls, and gay girls. We call them "crushes" for a reason...They crush us! However, I think the old proverb "whatever doesn't kill us makes us stronger" is true with regards to crushes. Enjoy the rush of hormones, the sweaty palms, and beating heart, but move on because nothing but heart ache will follow. Good Luck