frustrated

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by thisisnotme, Nov 3, 2013.

1. thisisnotme

thisisnotme Member

I've been out since my late teens and I'm turning 26 soon but I've never had a girlfriend or anyone show interest in dating me. I'm relatively normal, I have a stable job, car and dog. Several hobbies. A small group of reliable friends. I go to a lgbt meet once a month and occasionally hang out with a few women from that. Even out of desperation I sometimes join online dating sites, then give up after a few months and delete my profile.

So is there anything different that I could do to meet someone who would be willing to give me the time of day?

2. lorienczhiu

lorienczhiu Well-Known Member

You're doing all the things to put yourself in dating's way... but you don't say if you're asking girls out. You probably know a bunch of people who will give you the time of day already.

If you are: patience and perseverance, friend! Dating is a long, slow, messy process sometimes, and it can have its own rewards (beyond relationships). When you go out on dates, take them as opportunities to get to know someone AND to try new things, to learn more about yourself and what you like. When you click with someone and she clicks back, you're gonna know, and it's going to be so worth it.

If you're not: bite the bullet and ask her out. That cute girl in the coffee shop. The other single chick at your meetup. Lesbians often suffer from eternal uncertain flirtation because we're socialized to be passive and none of us know how to take action. "Hey, want to get coffee?" "There's a free sailboat festival at the lake! Want to learn with me?" Getting someone to show interest in you is the sneaky, hard way to get a date; showing interest is the direct and easy way.

3. thisisnotme

thisisnotme Member

Trust me 8 years shows remarkable patience. And on the odd occasion I do ask women out, but to be honest not a whole lot of women catch my eye. Considering I'm not overly picky (I don't like flaky personalities or smoking) it rare for someone to even spark my interest as in maybe 5 women total ever. It's just never even begun let alone ended.

Dunno really what else to do, I'm assuming that I'm just in a moment of weakness where I need to vent.