Friends anyone?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Noelle, Dec 26, 2014.

1. Noelle

Noelle Member

Hello! I'm Noelle and I would LOVE to make some fellow lesbian friends :) I make electronic music and have been "out" for over two years. I'm in a bit of a transitional phase and feeling a bit lost these days. So, I just thought I'd post something on here...If anyone is inclined to possibly make a cool friend, please don't hesitate to message me! Thanks :)

Noelle

Thatbeautifulartist likes this.
  2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

How do you consider yourself in a transitional phase, or lost as you put it?

3. TADinUS

TADinUS Well-Known Member

Transitional... as in from SEXUAL to RELATIONSHIP?

4. Noelle

Noelle Member

What I mean by transitional, was I feel as though I am starting over in life. I recently moved to Olympia, WA from Santa Cruz, CA...I am looking for work....those things. I've never really had female friends, as I have always related more to guys, but now as I'm getting older, I'm feeling that I would like to have/make friendships with females.

Emm likes this.
  5. Thatbeautifulartist

I'll be your friend :)

lost sheep and Noelle like this.
  6. lost sheep

lost sheep Active Member

Seems like this board has undergone changes again. But I think most of us are looking for friends. I know I am. It can often be lonely. Especially when you're the only gay/bi person in your circle of friends.

Noelle likes this.
  7. Bluenote

Yeah, that's a lot of changes. But there's plenty of girls here, so you can make some friends. Particularly if you have a "cheesy" sense of humor.

Emm likes this.
  8. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Or just a regular sense of humour and enjoy chatting about any of the things in the forums :)

Noelle and Bluenote like this.
  9. Noelle

Noelle Member

Well, I don't know how one would classify my sense of humor, but I know I have one! Hope it works well enough :)

Nancy likes this.
  10. Noelle

Noelle Member

Thanks for reaching out!

Thatbeautifulartist likes this.
  11. Bluenote

That'll do.
    So do you feel like you relate to lesbians better than straight girls? Or do you not really know, not having many lesbian friends?

12. Noelle

Noelle Member

Well, currently I don't have many female friends period. Straight or lesbian. I DO KNOW that in the past, growing up that I felt I couldn't relate much with straight girls. I was such a tomboy! I have one close lesbian friend and it's probably the best friendship I've ever had.

13. Bluenote

Yeah, I kinda felt that, too. I've gotten to have better friendships with women as I've gotten older. I think in part because we share more interests now - like talking about work life balance, or where to go apple picking.

14. Noelle

Noelle Member

Apple picking? Hmmmmm...that sounds interesting. Growing up, I basically had 1 female friend but the past several years we have grown apart and don't have a friendship anymore. So, that's been a little difficult. It just seems like it would be nice to have a group of people who are of the same sex that I could consider close enough friends to talk to about most anything :) That would make me happy!

Emm likes this.
  15. Bluenote

Well, in my defense it's kind of a New England thing. You go to a farm and pick apples / cherries / blueberries / peas / whatever. Then you go home and have berries, make a few pies, etc...

Yeah, my friends are a bit compartmentalized. Work friends, friends from my alma matter, gay friends, etc...

Noelle likes this.
  16. Emm

Emm Well-Known Member

Do they weigh you before you start and then at the end? It's insane how many blackberries you can eat in 1 picking session :)

17. Bluenote

No. The prices are higher versus the grocery store. So they assume you're gonna eat some.

I sample a bit until I find a plant with good flavor. Even among the same species / cultivar / location - plants can taste very different. But I don't eat much when I pick. The wife makes up for it. :)

But pick your own places do other stuff, too. Like they have hayrides, Halloween fun houses, corn mazes, etc... They understand the agri-tourism thing.

Emm likes this.