Flirting or nah?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by Panda629, May 18, 2015.

1. Panda629

Panda629 New Member

Yo

Last edited: Jul 21, 2016
  2. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

You have a sexual harrassment problem. So this is the same woman who got you the promotion? She feels like she owns you now? Please document everything and don't completely trust HR even if they sound sympathetic if you do file a complaint, not saying don't complain but just be aware that they can turn on you. If it gets bad and you get tempted to tape the conversation, check on the laws first. If in doubt, talk to a lawyer. Avoid socializing or being alone with her.

Once I had a real problem from a higher up and I had a casual conversation with my boss who likes my work. I simply said, "Not that I want you to do anything about it, but how do you think I should respond in this situation." The situation got resolved by my boss thankfully. You may want to watch the incidents a bit first for a pattern before you do anything even though this is egregious behavior where not even once is ok.

Last edited: May 18, 2015
    Bluenote and Nancy like this.
  3. aussie_gabby

aussie_gabby Well-Known Member

Offices huh. Well I agree with greylin, unfortunately HR complaints can go against you.

Sometimes Everyone's always up in everyone elses business when it comes to offices.

It's none of her business. Full stop. End of story. Not that you were flirting but even if you were, it's none of her business.

I'd keep my distance. I know that's hard being in the same department but just keep it professional. After some distance If she does like you she'll either get super upset and lash out or start being super friendly.

greylin likes this.