Finally my first 'date' w/ colleague but does she like me?

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by holli22, Mar 4, 2015.

1. holli22

holli22 Member

So I have a little situation that I would really like some advice on if any one wouldn't mind.

Here it is: So every since I started at this job two years ago, I was immediately attracted to this girl who was so happened to be my supervisor. At first, I used to get really nervous around her and I would always ask her to hang out but because our positions at work she explained to me that we couldn't and I understood. But at the time, when I first started I was unaware because she was actually the Manager over my immediate supervisor so after she would bring that up..I was like OOOH ok completely understandable. So I started to distance myself for a while and the more I would distance myself my attraction for her was less which was good because I didn't want to be unprofessional and cause any problems at that job. I still gave her really nice presents for almost every holiday and birthday. Well, in a year or so I have been promoted and we both have the same tittle and work a long aside each other now but she is still somewhat over me..its kinda complicated to explain. We have gotten closer and I always flirt with her and she seems to always smile and flirt back or just smile and laugh. Our relationship has gotten stronger and she opens up to me more and share alot with me now. If she makes me mad, she gets very concerned and very upset. And with the others she simply doesn't care how they feel if she makes them mad or not. She calls to check on me if I'm sick and makes sure everything is taken care of if I have any problems at work..she covers for me and just goes the extra mile.

well, I had been asking her to go out with me to a game or dinner for about 2 years now..on and off. We have hung out before but only with work friends at weddings, showers, birthday celebrations, lunch etc stuff like that. She would always say she wanted to go if I asked her but would always have an excuse so I stopped asking her.

I randomly told her about a event last month that was coming up this month. And the week before last, I asked her did she have to work that day and she said yeah and I was like oh man darn. And she said oh what is that event and game coming up? and I said yeah. I really was just joking around and she said yeah I work that day and said oh well my boss is probably not going to let me off that day and I left it at that and asked a couple of other ppl at work if they wanted the extra ticket to join me and they quickly said sure.

Well, 2 days before the event she came to me at work and said oh you havent gave my ticket away have you? and I said ummm no! She immediately called her boss and begged her to let her change her hours and came up with this story and our boss let her change it so she could join me.

At this point I was so shocked finally we were going to our first outing together. I was off that day so she called me several times that day asking me what I was wearing and all that and meeting times. She said I'll drive and I'll pick you up from your house. She texted me for my address and all of a sudden I got scared of the thought of her coming to my HOUSE. I didnt text her back fast enough so she called me and I couldnt even answer so I calmed down and I called her back and she said look I know you saw me calling you...why didnt you answer...?? and I said cause I was talking to someone in which i was and she said okay what is your address so I can pick you up and I said I dont think thats a good idea and she busted out to laughing and started humming. I said whats so funny and she never told me and said that we could just meet some where close by work and she would pick me up from there.

When I got in the car, I got in and she had gotten her hair done, a new outfit, and some lovely new heels...my mouth just dropped and I was like omg ALL this for me? She just smiled. When we were walking to the building she grabbed onto my hand cause she had on heels and I kinda was out of it and just held onto her hand for a bit and she did nothing. Once we got inside she took pictures of us and she was trying to get me to loosen up so she started dancing and leaning on me and making jokes and I eventually loosened up and just kept telling myself this is a once in a lifetime chance the moment you've dreamed about make it count. As we were leaving, she was cold so I offered her my coat and she wouldn't take it, so I wrapped it around her anyways and she thought it was sweet. once we got back in the car, we were talking about guys and I said oh yea you still have that boyfriend and she was like no I broke up with him last month and I thought I told you that.

And I said oh your single? Thats good and she asked why and I said well that leaves your options open and she just laughed. I rubbed on her leg a couple of times and played with her hands a couple of times and she didnt say anything or resist. we just talked, laughed, and danced in the car on the way home.

She gave me a hug and told me she had a really really good time and that we have to go out again and she said next time she wants to go drinking and dancing.

well the next day she saw me at work...we only saw each other for an hour she was really happy to see me but i remained very professional as if we didnt even go out that previous night. All I said was hello, a couple of phrases, bye and kept my distance and went home.

Well, when I went in to work..her best friend/cousin with whom she tells everything to called me over to where they were standing. I was supposed to cook and bring the bestfriend/cousin some goodies that same day as the event. So she had to give me a hard time.

She said well I called you over to see if you brought the cake you was going to bake for me and give me Friday but since you going on Dates and stuff I see I can't get my cake since you had a date.

I immediately started blushing and started laughing like what date? And the girl I liked turned to her bestfriend and started laughing with this surprised look on her face and kinda play punched her. I was like omg and I walked away and when I came back her bestfriend just kept teasing us about this "date" So I started laughing again and the girl I like didnt say anything she just smiled and blushed and didnt say anything until I did. I said it wasnt a date and she said all we did was just go out.

So later on when we were working together, I brought up how much of a good time I had and she totally agreed and she was like we def have to go out again. We even were planning a trip together including her bestfriend that works with us and my bestfriend that works with us in the trip.

So now I'm kind of confused as to what to do now. She doesn't have a boyfriend anymore. She finally went out with me and she had a really good time. Her bestfriend describes it as a date. I really like her and want to take the next step but I don't know if I am reading to much into it because of wishful thinking or what. I'm bisexual and she's straight I dont even know if she knows I'm bixsexual or even like her I mean she should because I make it obvious.

We did have a conversation about a scenario about liking the same sex and she was like...what's wrong with that? I dont see anything wrong with it? Yet I dont know if she was saying that in general or including herself. I start a new job at the beginning of next month and I havnet told anyone but I really want to know what I should do next.

I really want to tell her how I feel but I dont even know how or if I should.

2. holli22

holli22 Member

Fast forward to today...

Well, when I came into work today I stopped by to talk with my friend. Close by was her and she was talking to another associate. When she finished she saw me got really excited & started smiling & said "Heyyyy". While she said hey she started to rub on my forearm & then she asked was I ok & was I still mad..& I asked mad at what?? She said "because you have to work late tonight and can't go out" & I laughed & said I was ok. This whole time she was rubbing on my forearm in a circular motion then she started to rub a little harder up & down & massaging her hand on my arm like she was feeling for something. & then she quietly said "hmmm you got muscles"..so she is still doing it & my friend he's a gay guy so he was really extra he gave her this look and put his hand on his hip and quietly started to instigate...then she told me she would be back cause she had to go to a mtg. When she got back from the mtg she kept looking at me & she finally came to my area and she was like you've been quiet today and I was like I mean what do you want me to say? & she started laughing & she was like I'm just saying you've been quiet Today & I told her I was talking a lot to her best friend while she was in her mtg & she asked what we were talking about & I told her how her best friend was telling everyone how I had this big hot date Friday just giving me a hard time & she just started laughing. So then I asked her if she wanted to take a quick trip with us in about 2 weeks and she was like yea of course just give me the details.. Then she started telling me alot of personal stuff & just opening up. About an hour passed and it was time for her to go she came over to tell me that she was leaving to go home & she started rubbing on my arm again and started smiling so this time I looked at her & started to softly rub her arm & we was just doing it smiling at each other until I guess she realized we were standing in front of all these ppl & she tried to play it off. Then she stood to the Side & right even I was about to ask out this weekend someone come and asked her a question and she started waking out the door to go. I won't see her until Saturday. So I guess I'll have to wait to ask her then. Cause I want it to be in person.

3. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I would just ask her on a one on one date and not spell things out so much. Some straight girls sense certain things about being around us and want some of what we want physcially and emotionally but they are not necessarily into the coupling so beware of that down the road. You like her and you will always wonder if you don't pursue this so go out and have fun, be sweet like you are and charming like you are and nice things will happen.

holli22, rac and Nancy like this.
  4. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Please allow me to simplify.

1) she's single.
    2) she picked you up in new heels, nice clothes all done up.

Next time a girl picks you up in new heels, when she drops you off invite her up for a drink and bang her.

I don't advise messing with a coworker. It can get really bad. But if you are determined to go there - yes, she is into you. Yes, it was a date. Yes, make your move.

Plane Jane, beasley6, holli22 and 2 others like this.
  5. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

At the risk of being accused of being a narcissist and in your fan club @Bluenote, I like this post. BUT BUT...just "bang her?" WHAT ABOUT THE ROMANCE?

Women like to be wooed. OP should woo her. In fact, there should be much woo'ing. Woo'ing and then more woo'ing. :)
    Oh...and then woo some more :)

In all seriousness OP, she likes you. I'd caution you about the workplace scenario because that can backfire big time and create a mess you didn't anticipate...but as long as you both like each other, then ask her on a date.

Gentry, holli22, rac and 1 other person like this.
  6. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

She appears to be interested. Try not to over think everything and just ask her out again and maybe ask for her number so you don't have to wait to see her face to face to ask her out?

holli22, rac and Spygirl like this.
  7. Bluenote

@Spygirl , I bang very romantically, thank you very much.

But seriously, the OP has been wooing this girl, or kinda wooing her for like two years now. There has been too much wooing and not enough banging.

They're in that pseudo gf without any sex or open aknowledgement of what is going on.

Nothing says 'I want you to bang me' quite as much as being very insistent on picking a girl up, then showing up in new heels. She may as well have worn a sign that said 'hey, I'm newly single and ovulating.'

And when a lady says 'I want you to bang me,' I usually answer 'when I am good and ready' or 'yes Ma'am.' Depending on what said lady would be more into. (Ok, now it's 'I'm married' or 'yes honey,' but I digress...)

And yes, inviting Ms. Heels up (Op, that moniker is your fault for not giving her a name) prolly wouldn't have led to actual banging. But it prolly would have led to making out and talking about what is going on. At least a talk like 'this is so great, you are so hot, we have to see each other again soon.'

oh and Spygirl, you need to be getting more life experience and not posting 1.7245 times a day on AE.

Spygirl, Emm, holli22 and 1 other person like this.
  8. Spygirl

Ok @Bluenote....maybe I meant "official" woo'ing. Like..the 2 seconds in the lesbianverse between dating and being a couple. The actual lack of a date part between woo'ing - dating - banging is what made me state that there needs to be more woo'ing...to rise to the level of dating because invariably, banging can always be misconstrued as coupling... *caveat...banging doesn't always follow dating...especially when 2 individuals drink some adult beverages to the sounds of Barry White.

woo'ing + dating + banging + coupling.....and there it is...pre-relationship stages defined by moi!

OP should go on a formal date...chivalry is not dead :)

Oh and @Bluenote ...hasn't it already been established that I have neither a life nor life experience, which is why I spend the entirety of my days adoring your posts on AE because I have nothing better to do?

Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
    Bluenote and rac like this.
  9. rac

rac Well-Known Member

@Bluenote & @Spygirl - I just realized I liked your every posts here, now I'm afraid someone will accuse me of fangirling you both.

aussie_gabby and Bluenote like this.
  10. Spygirl

@rac ... @Bluenote and I have in the past been accused of being narcissists. Thus, we like the fangirling ;) But I only speak for myself in this instance. You should be more worried that someone will accuse you of not having a life because you post and/or like posts here. Don't worry. I judge you not. ;)

Bluenote and rac like this.
  11. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Ahem

[​IMG]

Bluenote and Spygirl like this.
  12. Bluenote

@Nancy you are obviously bullying us because you were bullied growing up.

Spygirl likes this.
  13. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Just don't think it's the place to play, a new member who won't get the "in jokes."

14. holli22

holli22 Member

I'm sure I was over analyzing everything, to the point I couldn't focus on what was really going on until Saturday morning.
    I'd love to bang her eventually... but later on. Trust me I can't wait to do that but then again I can I've waited 2 years to get this far hahaha.
    But another thing, I was unsure of was ....just because we went out on a 'date' I didn't want to be too forward and having her thinking just cause we went out now I automatically think we're a thing....there I go over thinking again.

15. holli22

holli22 Member

I do agree women do like to be wooed. Honestly that's all I've been really doing for the past 2 years.
    You are so right.
    Yea, I can see what you mean. About the workplace..cause I didn't tell anyone and she told a few ppl that work with us.
    Thanks for the advice I'll keep doing that :)

16. holli22

holli22 Member

I have her number & I text her a lot, I just get really really nervous when I text her. But I'll take your advice and text her now!
    Thing is I don't know what's a good place to ask her out too...I.e. movie, dinner?
    Last week I got us tickets to see one of her fave public figures.

17. Spygirl

Ask her on a date...make sure she knows it's a date, and give her a wonderful evening....make it thoughtful (which doesn't have to be a dinner at a fancy restaurant or something), i.e. if she mentioned she liked a certain type of food, invite her over for dinner at your place...personalize it, show her you've been paying attention.

A whole bunch of little creative things that you can do will go a long way. Good luck!

holli22 likes this.
  18. holli22

holli22 Member

You're exactly right.
    Haha I will keep doing that and just keep my patience.
    So what do they sense?

19. Nancy

Nancy Well-Known Member

Ah I see I was getting confused by the asking her out face to face. Like @Spygirl said just ask her on a date and call it a date. It can be dinner, a movie whatever you fancy doing. Good luck.

holli22 likes this.
  20. holli22

holli22 Member

Oh its cool. Its very entertaining. Its really all good. I was a member since 2008/2009ish but I just rejoined so I guess you can say I'm new again. But really I appreciate everyone's opinion and input. I feel a lot better about the situation. Thanks for reading & I appreciate the humor too.
    I'll keep updating and taking your advice. And let you all know how it goes.
    Thanks again!!!!! :)

Bluenote, Spygirl and Nancy like this.