Filipino Fiance(e) visa

Discussion in 'International' started by AprilMay, Aug 29, 2014.

1. AprilMay

AprilMay Active Member

Hello and good day. I am an American and I have been with my girlfriend for almost 4 years. We do want to get married and we are living together now in the Philippines. We both want to marry in the States but she does not have a visa. I am looking into all of that now. I was wondering if anyone applied for the Filipino Fiance(e) visa, if so what are the total fees? and what advise can you give? I do have some idea on the fees but I am still unsure. Thank you for any help or advise that you can give.

2. Ari

Ari Member

Unfortunately I don't know anyone that had fiancée in Philippines. Since DOMA got overturned, same sex couples have the same rights as hetero couples when it comes to immigration, correct? Good luck to you two. :)

3. pillowlady143

pillowlady143 Member

You know this would be a good topic to start with... is there anyone out here that had problem getting fiance visa from US immigration in the Philippines.... I having a problem dealing with it myself as I wanted to visit my girlfriend of 4 years in Chicago and propose to her right away... is there anyone wanna help me with this problem as I'm really really desperate to see and marry her. :(

4. Pi3

Pi3 Well-Known Member

I wish I could contribute something, but I don't know much about American's law.