Fashion advice

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Lesbian Giraffe, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Lesbian Giraffe

I'm 18 so I've recently started going out clubbing with my friends but I'm having a dilemma about what to wear. I'm not really a dress person (especially tight ones because I have zero body confidence) and I'm not a huge fan of wearing skirts either.
    Normally I wear coloured skinny jeans with a dark tshirt or a plaid shirt with a vest/tank top underneath (my boobs are to big for them to button up), with a leather jacket. But this isn't really appropriate for going out because everyone dresses smarter and it's too hot for jeans because you are dancing.
    Sometimes when I go out I wear denim shorts with a tshirt but that isn't very smart and I look the same every time.
    Do you guys have any ideas about what else I could wear?
    What do you wear when you go clubbing?

2. lorienczhiu

lorienczhiu Well-Known Member

I don't know your style, but...

if "hot, queer, and a little andro" is your thing, check out qwear and dapperq for some style ideas.

When we go out, my fiancee wears colored skinny jeans, a v-neck tshirt, and a vest (the outer, formalwear kind), or else a button down shirt and suspenders. The secret to looking good is in your accessories - nice shoes will make you look good and let you get away with a tshirt or jeans.

3. MakeMeLaugh

MakeMeLaugh Well-Known Member

I agree with the poster above. So start off with what you are comfortable in, colored skinny jeans are in right now and you can never go wrong with black skinny jeans, pending the material they don't have to be suffocating. Accessorize. I don't know your personal style based on one description but adding a vest, nice shoes, a bold piece of jewelry can really make something simple look dressier. For example I am pretty girly but I don't like to be in a dress all the time....I will wear skinny jeans, booties (ankle length boots) a nice top that is flattering to my body type, really bold jewelry like a chunky or bright colored necklace or a really bold bracelet with a watch and sometimes a scarf. I will style my hair with loose curls, some lip gloss and eye liner and I am ready to go out. I don't know how you feel about your hair, but having your hair styled nicely can really make it all come together. If you wear make up, nothing says day outfit to night outfit like putting on a little mascara, eye liner and lip gloss. But most importantly confidence is what makes any outfit look great.

4. Pixel

Pixel Active Member

Too hot to dance in jeans?! Never! Haha. Or maybe I've been doing it for so long that I've grown accustomed. (I mostly wear tight jeans, tank tops/v-necks with a good ol pair of Chucks; jeans/t-shirt kinda gal).

But yes, wear whatever you feel comfortable in and don't bother yourself with how everyone else looks. You do you and have yourself a blast.

5. Alexis Florance

Alexis Florance New Member

You can go for beautiful little black dress or any sequin dress if you are comfortable in it. You can go for a printed cami from ginger&smart. Style this modern layering essential under a Resolution jacket and jeans or with a Precious Venom pencil skirt and flats or heels according to your comfort. These are my favorite outfits selections for modern chic look.

Last edited: Jan 14, 2015
  6. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Butch drag. Nothing beats being dragged around the dance floor by your tie.

Just Me likes this.
  7. lorienczhiu

lorienczhiu Well-Known Member

And nothing beats doing the dragging, or helping her loosen her tie later... so I second this advice.