Faking It Finale (but not the last 10 seconds...

Discussion in 'All OTHER shows with Lesbian/Bi Themes' started by Kristana, Jun 16, 2014.

1. Kristana

Kristana Well-Known Member

Here's a thread to talk about the Faking It season one finale...except for that incident in the last 10 seconds.

2. Kristana

Kristana Well-Known Member

Re: Faking It Finale (but not the last 10 sec...

The thing that got me the most about that episode is in the confession by Amy, right after she says, "I love you." She does a little gasp/sob that broke my heart. You can hear all of her fears that she's been pushing down bubbling to the surface and becoming real.

3. Donna B.

Donna B. Member

Thank you so much for creating this space for us to discuss the finale of Faking It. Wish there was a little clapping smiley I could insert here! I am just making this first post to get used to how this forum works. I want to see how my post appears. So will this all be one continuous thread?

4. Donna B.

Donna B. Member

Hi Kristana!

I'm still trying to figure out this board and not spend the rest of my short life looking for a way to discuss Faking It! LOL

I looked at the FAQ for the forum to find a way to subscribe to this thread. Here's what it said:

To subscribe to a specific forum, click the “Subscribe forum” link upon entering the forum. To subscribe to a topic, reply to the topic with the subscribe checkbox checked or click the “Subscribe topic” link within the topic itself.

I didn't see either a "Subscribe Topic" link, and as I am posting this, I don't see and as I am composing this post, I don't see a "Subscribe forum" link. Weird. Oh, well. If you know anything about this, please let me know! I'll be back later to post, and I'll invite some of the women who posted on AE who might be looking for a friendlier place to discuss the finale to join us!

5. Donna B.

Donna B. Member

Been having a terrible time getting the forum to work. IDK if my internet connection is too slow or what. Anyway, I hope I am not talking to myself here. I wanted to share a snippet from a comment posted after an interview w/ CC embedded with my response:

My reply:
    LOL @ "Take your boner for Gregg Sulkin and get off of my TV." LOL! Great zinger. I really like how you pointed out "Katie Stevens being instructed to play her reaction to “I know you felt something when we kissed!” without any of the nuance that went into Karma’s hesitantly heteronormative moments earlier in the season. (Ep 2, when Amy asks “I thought you wanted your first time to be with someone special” and Karma is like “And what’s more special than having it be with the hottest guy in school?” and Katie’s performance tells you that Karma’s trying to convince herself of that? None of that last night."

Not to mention the looks on Katie's face after Karmy's threesome kissing. I loved how the girls just kept looking at each other, and for the moment, Karma seems to have forgotten all about Liam, until he is rudely interjected into their special moment. That was more than just a hot kiss for Karma, and Katie just KILLED in that scene! That unfocused, far away, lost in the moment look as she slowly opened her eyes. And the expression when she said, "Whoa," were not of someone just experiencing a "hot" kiss. That was the kissing someone she loves and seeing her for the first time look. So we know how nuanced Katie's portrayal of Karma can be, when allowed.

6. Donna B.

Donna B. Member

I also wanted to ask, did anyone notice how much OLDER the girls look in just 8 episodes? Look at them in the pilot when they are at the assembly. They look like 14-year-olds. Karma looks like Rebecca of Sunnybrook Farm. LOL By the finale they look like 20 year olds.

7. julie4

julie4 New Member

I did notice that. It also seemed like as the season went along there was less of the characters talking and acting like 15-16 year olds. I'd love to see them "acting their age", to introduce more comedy and help emphasize that some of their bad / stupid decisions are at least partly a result of their age.

8. Nel_vW

Nel_vW Member

I also noticed the kissing between Amy and Karma is very slow and very heart felt.
    To me that means something in the intentions of the show.
    I saw Karma getting jealous of Liam kissing Amy, because Karma wanted to be in his shoes, not in hers.
    Now I'm just hoping on consistent writing for the second season; intentions so far could be interpretated as good.
    So far to me this show demonstrates the real struggle of someone with finding out who she is. And act despite or perhaps neglecting how others like to label it. And such a process is always interesting to watch.
    And yes while coming out you may not feel confused at all, as Amy says. Yet in some situations trying out or experience the opposite sex is not so uncommon, now is it? Especially when you are young. Everybody always asks if you sure about being gay or bi. For some it's easy, they have known all their life. For others it needs to be found out.

And I was so sure the writers are trying to contradict or couteract Glee: much and very explicite kissing, and not just the girls, the gay guys also kiss. Excellent.
    The whole school is a mockery of the traditional Glee context for the coming out story. They are over-outed. I liked that.
    (Edited for typing errors and clarity)