Facebook blocked… So confused

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by sugarplumluv23, Jul 15, 2013.

1. sugarplumluv23

Hello everyone:

I could truly use some quick insight/advice as I am currently experiencing a roller coaster of emotions and can't seem to think clearly.

My ex and i were together for over a year when we broke up 6 weeks ago. Our relationship was very rocky and we hurt each other very much. I could not bring myself to end the relationship because I could not give up on the good things about us, but my ex did decide to end it, and moved out of our apartment 6 weeks ago. She had hurt me so much in our relationship (lying, hurtful behavior, contact with ex, leave me and come back), so after she ended the relationship, i made a conscious decision to cut all ties with her for my own good. We worked together in the same restaurant, so i decided to quit my job (i am monetarily stable enough to do it). I also left the apartment we shared and i changed my phone number. It was very drastic, but i felt it was necessary to give myself a chance to heal. She deleted me from Facebook but i could still see her page because she never blocked me completely.

It has been 6 weeks since it all happened and we have had NO contact with each other since then. My sister, who was fb friends with her, decided to delete her three days ago for my own good. But then just yesterday I received an automated message from Facebook notifying me that she was trying to untag herself from the pictures on my fb page that i had tagged of her while we were together. A few minutes after i get that message, i try to access her page and realize that she blocked me. She blocked me entirely from having any access to her page. I cannot find her. She didn't delete her Facebook though.

I am hurt, and confused and just speechless. I know that this is a petty thing… because it is Facebook for crying out loud… but i can not shake this feeling. Why would she suddenly block me 6 weeks after the break up? it made more sense to do it after the break up, but time has passed. It makes no sense now. We haven't had contact. It shouldn't bother her that I could find her if she had already deleted me. Has anyone experienced this sort of thing. And if you've been in a similar situation, what reasons have you had to do it? what are your opinions on her actions?

2. halfconfused

halfconfused Well-Known Member

1. Whatever it means, you need to move on. (they always tell you that on AE)

I have never experienced blocking someone on Facebook so I don't know. BUT, I do know that after deleting a person on facebook, their names can still show up when you type in the search menu (now, even when you type the first letter of their name!!!). You can still see past comments and pictures of the person.

Maybe your ex really wants to move on. Maybe your ex doesn't want her new love interest to know you existed.
    Maybe, maybe, maybe.

It doesn't matter anymore does it?

Cuz you two are never ever ever ever getting back together

Like, ever...

Right? =P (sorry, feeling a bit silly)

3. greylin

greylin Well-Known Member

I am with halfconfused, she just needed to move on. I would have done the same thing only because I can't bear to have my ex and all the connections from before pop up.

The untagging is the digital version of cutting your ex out of your pictures with scissors. I am really sorry it has not worked and such drastic measures had to be in place so you both can move on. If it were more of an amicable thing, I would have sent a message before deleting and blocking and give a heads up to my ex. It is not required or the norm, it is what I would have done with anyone, let alone someone I have once loved so much. Again, I am sorry for what you are going through. The best thing is to live through it and vent as much as you can. Please keep us posted on how you are and I wish you the best and hope that you will do all you need in order to be kind to yourself.

4. Bearface

Bearface Active Member

Sounds like she hurt you a fair bit. And yeah, I know the feeling of being hurt by someone and having something small happen and it feels like its the last straw. I guess you just have to try and look at it objectively, and remember that it really isn't a big deal. You don't have to see her again or be hurt by her again.

5. Eva Mac

Eva Mac Well-Known Member

I think everyone here has it covered but yeah, as hurtful as it is you have to accept it and move on. She has the right to block you if that's what she feels she has to do, as the other peeps have said she may just want a clean slate in her life. You say you changed job, apartment, phone no. Then you're surprised she deleted you from fb? I think you both need to move on. Sometimes there's just too much hurt and things are better left in the past.