Emotional Ties

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by CaseyArdeth, Mar 22, 2017.

1. CaseyArdeth

CaseyArdeth New Member

Here is the scenario. 2 blondes femmes who bond. One femme likes the other femme and can't understand why she wants to spend time with her boyfriend instead of her. Big fight. Bigger parting of ways. I'm trying to explain to the femme with boyfriend how this is something played out a lot who want the femme chosen instead of the boyfriend. Can anyone relate?

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Not sure what you are asking. Yes, a lot of people here can relate to being burned by a straight girl, or a "straight girl."

But honestly, if someone can't relate that it hurts when the person you like likes (and chooses) someone else, there isn't much you can do to explain it to them.

rainydaze likes this.
  3. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

There's a lot missing from your post...but your first sentence is telling: One femme likes the other femme....

If the situation isn't mutual....then I'm not sure why there's even a question here. Unrequited like...or even unrequited love...happens all the time. I'm sure that every one of us have been in a situation where we liked or even loved someone where that love wasn't returned...gay, straight, bi...whatever. Unrequited love isn't predicated on sexual orientation. And if the choice she made is merely her choosing to live "straight" because it's easier than living honestly...well, you have to respect that.

At the end of the day, you can't make a person feel something she doesn't....and you have to take what is said at face value. It's her choice -- and her choice alone to make.

rainydaze likes this.
  4. rainydaze

rainydaze Well-Known Member

It happens all the time!

As humans (femme, straight, lesbian, bisexual...does not matter), we often make mistakes when we base assumptions solely on our feelings. (all heart, no head)

Often, we assume because we have an incredibly strong feeling for someone that the other person must be feeling the same.

Then, sometimes, even if the other person may have the same strong feeling, we believe that the person is going to act on it in the same way we want the person to act. Not necessarily true.

This is why respectful communication is key to all human interaction...without the balance of rational thought/logical discussion/mutual respect, our feelings can sometimes lead us to false conclusions and "heartbreak."

If you talk with someone about your feelings and that someone says she does not feel the same...no matter what your heart is saying...you have to accept her answer. :(

If you talk with someone about your feelings and that someone says, yes, I feel the same, but I am not going to act on it in that way, you have to accept her answer....no matter what your heart is saying that it wants. :confused:

If you have strong feelings for someone, and you tell her, and she says "yes, I have the same feelings for you" and you both want to do something about it....date, kiss, "bang" (to use @Bluenote's favorite descriptive!), etc.........Bells and whistles!!!! Ding, ding, ding! We have a Win!!!! WoooHooo!!! :):):):)

Heart meets head meets consensual action between two humans! The best and coolest! :D:cool:

Anything else can be difficult and disappointing, but we have to shake it off, accept it, and keep our hearts open and our minds clear so we can see the "Win" when it strikes!;)

Sorry, the "illustrations" made me laugh because they are silly. Everyone else may feel annoyed by them! I have to accept that, and move one! See how that works!:oops::rolleyes::eek::p;)

greylin and Spygirl like this.