Don't know if I'm gay

Discussion in 'Coming Out' started by omyzad, Aug 16, 2014.

1. omyzad

omyzad Member

I am not sure whether I am a lesbian or not. I don't know how I can tell. I have always loved girls but not necessarily physically, I juts get along with them better than I do with guys. It comes natural to me to go out of my way to impress a girl while I don't really care about guys. I dress like a guy, I move like a guy and all my girlfriends say I'd have made an amazing guy because I am always taking care of them, opening doors, carrying bags, lighting cigarettes, just being their for them. I was molested when I was 11 by a male teacher and since then I haven't been really interested in sex at all, I get really scared when someone approaches me. An old boyfriend once called me asexual. I really don't know hot to figure this all out. I am 27, I feel I am a lesbian, I am just not sure. It would be really difficult to admit that to anyone in my society this is entirely frowned upon here. I will have no one to talk to about this not even my closest friends. Even though they all joke about the fact that I look and act like a dyke, I know they won't accept me if I turned out to be so for real.
    I really appreciate your help.

2. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't know if you're gay either. Dressing like a guy and being 'gentlemanly' does not equate to being gay. But feeling physical, emotional, mental, and perhaps even spiritual connection that is more than a friendly nature is. I'm sorry to read about your sexual abuse when you were younger, and I can only imagine how scared you may feel when going into a sexual relationship. Have you considered talking to a counsellor/psych to talk about what happened when you were younger to get past it?