Does she likes me? I’m so confused...

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by anjathelipstick, Jan 23, 2018.

1. anjathelipstick

anjathelipstick New Member

Hello everyone!
    There’s this one girl in my school that I really like, but she’s giving me mixed signals. We’ve only known each other for 2 months now, because she’s not in my class (but I see her quite often though).

I will start of by giving some background information. So our relation started off very good; we met at the gym that we both go to, and the first day we met each other, we were literally together all the time at the gym (and we talked and she laughed a lot about things I were saying).

After we were finished she told me to add her on Insta. And when I asked her what her name was, I remembered that she had watched some of my past stories; and I didn’t know it was her because I didn’t know her name (I don’t know whether she was stalking me or not). And also, one very important thing; we’re both girls.

So back to the gym. I don’t really know what happened in my mind (because I’m usually very shy + being and INTJ female doesn’t exactly make you a champion in expression of feelings), but I started to become distant towards her. I did this because of the fact that I’m lesbian, and I have no idea if she’s one too, and all of a sudden I got embarrassed and didn’t want her to feel awkward if I showed even a little attraction... And one other reason why is that when we went home after our first meeting at the gym, the way she said “bye” seemed kinda wrong (I know this is just stupid, but that’s just how I felt). This was of course a veeery stupid idea of me.

On the gym there’s like a fitness group (or idk how to call it), and we attend it both of us. Now we’ve come to the point when we don’t communicate at all, but she always gets very close (or next to me) at the fitness groups. Sometimes even behind me, and I also caught her staring at me most of the times while doing the exercises - especially when she’s behind me. Sometimes we also arrange ourselves into groups of two; and we’re always together (she comes to me too - so she takes the initiative here too). All the times when we’re in these groups I catch her doing the exercises in exactly my tempo; doing push-ups, lifting one leg, sit -ups, everything! For example, when we have to lift legs, she already starts with the one I’m staring with too. And she gets awfully close (she “accidentally” gets our workout mats closer. Even when we’re doing normal fitness class; last time she was almost so close to me that she could have literally touched me; and it’s not even a big class (there’s plenty of place). And I always catch her staring at me in the breaks, usually when I’m not looking, but I can see her staring + plus there’s a mirror which I use lol :D

From the first time we met at the gym, I don’t even look at her anymore (only when she doesn’t she it though). So enough about the fitness :p

I just want to tell something that happened on in December. So we went on a school trip, but only a few of us were going. On Friday (as usual) I caught her staring at me; even some of my friends noticed and forts looked at her then me (as if we were actually flirting). And one other thing that she did is when we had like a guide to guide us through the city; she held hands with another girl (I know they’re not together), but she only did that when I could have seen her (especially when I was right behind her). She actually caught me staring at her a couple of times while on the trip, but every single time, I were the one to look away first (because it kinda felt as if she was staring into my soul - she stares very long). And btw, I forgot to mention, at the bus ride I was sitting alone because I get nauseous from sitting further down the bus; she asked me if I would sit with her. But I just said that I get nauseous.

So back to the trip. On Saturday we went to some sort of museum and we were two groups. And since me and this girl were not in the same group; her best friend asked me if I would go with her through the city. So we did that, and we got along very well (which IMO is sorta strange because her friends seem to like me - while I’m still confused about her. Me and her bf went to the shops, and in one moment her bf decided to call her to go eating (and she said no), but then she said that I’m there with her - and she literally came to us in 5 min. That was the first time I were with her since the first time at the gym. And one thing I also noticed, every time she would walk in front of me, she would walk in a different way than usual - kinda like showing off.

And there was also a school party right before Christmas that we both attended, which IMO was really weird. I was with my friends, and she were with her, and she always stood in a way so she could look right at me without anyone noticing. She was staring A LOT... She also danced with one of her girlfriends and they would always dance right beside me. It was as if I were dancing with them. There was also a time when I were sitting on a table, and then she came and literally sat on me. She sat really close, and my hand even touched her but. She seemed really comfortable though. Then her other girlfriend came and asked to dance, and she didn’t want to until she dragged her on the dance floor. She asked me to hold her phone, and when she gave it to me, she took a whole grip of my hand, and the same happened when I gave it to her. And then she asked me to hold it again lol, so the same happend again :D

Today we had Fitness again, and actually, it was the first time in a while that we greeted each other “hey” and “bye”. But here comes today’s problem... I overheard her conversation with 3 other girls from here school, and one of them said “I told you”, and then she said “I will go to a match”. Idk why, but I started to think that she was talking about a boy. She never talk about boys, and she dress as if Kristen Stewart were her style twin, and that’s just making me confused. As I said, idk why I thought of that, but do you think I could have some paranoia? Maybe because it’s my biggest fear? And what should I do?

I invited her on a trip to my country (I’m on an exchange year in the country my parents are from), and she said she were interested.
    I’m thinking about giving her a confession letter then... What do you guys think about this? Does she seem interested?

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

I think you should woman up and ask her to coffee.

She’s flirting with you. Maybe she is interested in a date. Maybe she just enjoys the fun of flirting but doesn’t want more. You will never know until you ask. So ask her to damn coffee already. Yes, she might reject you, but it’s just coffee so it’s not a big deal. It’s not exactly a date. It’s two people getting to know each other better.

I get that you are shy, but retreating into yourself like this is not the answer. Either say ‘I am too shy to date right now ‘ and let it go, or say ‘I am tired of being shy, I am going to push myself a little here.’

If you aren’t ready to ask her to coffee, at least talk to her next time she talks to you.

anjathelipstick likes this.
  3. anjathelipstick

anjathelipstick New Member

Do you really think she's flirting with me? :) I'm thinking about asking her on a trip to a waterpark in Summer, but I was thinking about doing that on this trip we're gonna do now in May. That's when I'm thinking about giving her the letter. But I don't know if she's interested. Sometimes we act like we barely know each other, but when we're alone, it's like she's another person.

4. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Don’t give her a confession letter. You don’t know her well enough to be interested in her. Right now you just know her enough to know you want to talk to her more. That isn’t the place for big steps like confession letters or inviting her on a long trip. That is the place for small steps like actually talking to her more, or asking her for coffee.