Does she like me or does she only see me as a...

Discussion in 'Does She Like Me?' started by janice, Jan 20, 2014.

1. janice

janice Member

This is gonna be so so so long, but please read it, i'm in need of help. This girl makes me feel things i haven't felt for in a long time.

Last October, i met this extremely cute girl at a club. She's lesbian and knows i am too. (thanks to a friend who introduced the both of us then proceeded saying "oh my god the both of you are lesbians, make out!") Anyway, that night we became friends, and she told me she thinks i'm hot. But when the club closed, we went to another club to find the girl she likes. They ended up making out till that club closed. After that night, i didn't really stay in contact with her.

Fast forward 2 months, i met her at the club again. This time, we made out. Later when we were smoking, she jokingly told her friend "well, at least i like J". I asked her what happened to that girl from October, and she said she doesn't like her anymore. We started texting after that night. She asked me to go the club with her and her friends the following Wednesday, and i kept saying i didn't feel like going that night but she kept asking me to go, so i went in the end. But nope, nothing happened.

The Saturday of the same week, i went to a club again (yes, i know you think i party a lot, but it was the holidays!) and i asked her to come down to the club i was at because she was at another. She came down, and because the both of us were so sober, she bought me a drink. But i didn't want to drink it because i didn't want her spending money on me, so she drank it instead. While we were talking, i told her "the only highlight of tonight is you coming down", and she asked "why? Is it because you like me?" I didn't answer her question and went in to dance. While we were dancing, i told her i felt like kissing her, and she said ok. So we kissed, then she asked me, "so you like me?" I told her maybe, i'm not even sure. And asked if she likes me too, and she said she doesn't know and that we should just see where things go. After that we went to eat, and she insisted on sending me home. When we reached my place, i kissed her goodbye.

Fast forward two or three weeks, we were texting. And we would text till either one of us goes to sleep, or falls asleep. But we won't text morning texts. If i don't text her first (which is quite often), she would text me first. Once, while we're texting and obviously flirting over text, she told me i make her shy. And there was this one day where i called her, and she told me i reminded her of her first love. Honestly, i didn't know how to feel about that, like is it a good thing or not? Recently, she went to a gay club, and the next day i asked how her night was. She said "it was alright, no i didn't dance with anyone." And i was quite shocked that she told me she didn't dance with anyone, like who am i for her to inform that she didn't dance with anyone right?

Today i finally went out with her, just the both of us. I was very quiet at the start because i felt so shy. But later, when we started talking more easily, she told me about the girl in October. She told me what happened, and how the girl is texting her now and saying things like how she misses her and all. And from what she told me, i could tell she's still hung up over that girl even though she claims that she's over that girl, like she kept saying the girl's full of shit, but continued replying anyway. And honestly, i felt like she only sees me as a friend, so yeah i'm quite confused over everything.

Oh my gosh, i'm so sorry this is so lengthy. God bless your soul for reading through my whole verbal vomit, i need lesbian perspectives because my friends are all straight.

2. Justposting

Justposting Well-Known Member

Re: Does she like me or does she only see me ...

I'm guessing you are worried that you're in the friend zone because she isn't showing you a giant flashing sign that she likes you. But she may not be feeling a vibe from you and thinking the exact same thing when it comes to you. When she asked you how you felt, you gave a very non-committal answer. Then when you asked about her feelings she gave the same. She hasn't asked you to sleep over, but that may be her shyness and lack of signals from you. You can't expect her to put herself out there and you stay guarded.

I think she likes you if she is staying up all night texting and leaving the club with her friends just to come see you. Those are generally good signs in my book. Maybe increase the sober in-person flirting. Give her a compliment on her appearance and see how she reacts. Give her a little to go on so she might give you some signs back.

3. janice

janice Member

Ahhhh, alright. Thank you so much, i'm gonna try things out and see how it goes. Fingers crossed!!

4. sundancer

sundancer Well-Known Member

Something that crossed my mind is that she might just be trying to see whether you'd get jealous and thus make a move on her.

I agree, take her to sober places like cafes or something and increase the flirting. See how it goes. If not, well - at least you can say that you tried.

5. Moses

Moses Well-Known Member

Yea, i agree with the others. First thing I thought when she mentioned the other girl was she was trying to provoke a response from you to see how you felt. You didn't tell her to 'go for it if you like her' did you?

Second thing is that you seem so laid back your horizontal. If you like her, tell her or compliment her or something. She obviously feels some form of commitment to you by her 'No, I didn't dance with anyone' comment.

At a wild guess, I'd say the chick wants to date you...(unless your distance intrigues her and once you show signs of responding she will lose interest. But that's worst case scenario.)

Going on how you described the situation, she is into you.

6. Everkd

Everkd Member

Don't mind me. I think they've said it all. Just curious