Does anyone game? As in board games?

Discussion in 'Hobbies, Health & Fitness, Sports' started by entertainmentguruwannabe, Apr 14, 2015.

1. entertainmentguruwannabe

entertainmentguruwannabe Active Member

My friends and I have become very much interested in the board game scene in the last couple of years. I'm still not hardcore enough to do any serious role playing games or D&D type things, but I'm in the category beyond "complete casual gamer" and have delved into other board games that are quite fun! (Way better than Monopoly! That game is evil and will destory friendships! XD)

Some of my favorites: Dominion, Settlers of Catan, King of Tokyo, Dix It, Tsuro

Anyone else on this forum into board games at all? ANYONE IN THE SO CAL AREA AROUND LA?! I want someone to game with! Hahahaha.

2. fridolph

fridolph Member

I played board games ( brain chain and scrabble) with my friends before, but because we are all busy now. We didn't play board games now.

3. entertainmentguruwannabe

entertainmentguruwannabe Active Member

Aww I feel you on that! When I was going to school, board games (fun as they were) were kind of off limits. I'm trying to get back into the scene now though! Still am just a few steps away from "hardcore" games.

4. wonderlust

wonderlust Well-Known Member

I love Monopoly Empire... quicker and more fiendish edition of the game. Plus you get to be a happy meal token. What more could you ask for?

And I would always have a soft spot for scrabble.

5. Greg

Greg Well-Known Member

I still like board games and used to play them with my family much much more than now. My family and wife Jenny (and her parents) occasionally play dominoes, though that's not really technically a board game...different animal from the video variety and its own brand of fun and enjoyment, even if video games require less cleanup when you're done.