Do straight women like looking at non-femme ladies?

Discussion in 'General Advice' started by Maroon, Feb 4, 2018.

1. Maroon

Maroon Member

I tried to google this but could not find an answer.

I've noticed for a while that some straight women generally like looking at andro looking women for a number of occasions (could they have been just curious for a long time?).. and very often want nothing out of it.

I'm not sure why this is happening because I am pretty sure this is normal.

Just wondering if anyone has the answer yet?

2. lorienczhiu

lorienczhiu Well-Known Member

Straight women love ogling and flirting with my andro/soft butch wife.

I think it's a safe place to practice flirtation and play with their own unacknowledged queerness. They're straight, right, so it can't possibly! be serious! There's no real risk, and it's fun for them. They get to go home to their boyfriends without having crossed any actual lines, because they're just being friendly.

I also think that the way women socialize, paying compliments about looks/clothes, or generally appreciating attractiveness, is pretty standard. Queerness throws a wrench because looking and liking is not neutral any more, but straight women don't have a script to navigate female friendship elsewise.

Maroon likes this.
  3. Maroon

Maroon Member

Good points! The last part is an eye opener to me though. Compliments from them are a standard. I should start seeing things that way and not “does it mean she likes me?” Haha