Dear You...

Discussion in 'AE & Site-Related Specific' started by Spygirl, Oct 26, 2013.

1. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

Dear (and I'm not going to make this anonymous like most of the posts here) AE:

The forums in the site redesign seem to be an afterthought and are completely horrendous. So much so that most of your former loyal site-goers, rarely -- if ever-- find ourselves here. I have not clicked on a single article on this site, and I have no desire to visit this site anymore except in rare cases of boredom (such as right now). Viacom has destroyed what once was a thriving community comprised of like-minded individuals from across the planet.

I post now, but my posts seem more snarky and impatient. How many times can I give advice to the same deluded lovestruck lesbian infatuated with a random straight girl? It's almost as if I can't even take this site seriously anymore. Why is that? Because you've set the precedent. Community? What remains is a laughingstock.

Good job, Viacom. Keep it up, if you want to continue to receive lower website visits.

2. Bluenote

Bluenote Well-Known Member

Spygirl's concern is not the people here - who are mostly nice, funny and interesting. But rather that the forum is so bad - hard to read, can't reply, no bios, no up and down buttons, that its hard to invest.

Plus the crushing blow of nuking the old forum archives.

Instead of feeling like you are in a community, you feel like its one post at a time until Viacom makes the site even worse (if thats possible). So ones frustration at the site spills over into posts.

Or lack of posts, in my case.

I honestly feel bad for Sarah Warn. She put it on the line for AE.

3. Spygirl

Spygirl Well-Known Member

You're right Bluenote. Not the people here…but my concerns were more to address the demise of a community.

4. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

Dear AE,

I used to be on here everyday since I first discovered you. I loved the community it once was and, even though my intentions were never to read articles, I oftentimes did. Now, you've made it as uninviting as a trip to the dentist. I still log on when, like Spygirl, boredom strikes or when a friend recommends a link. Now, not only do I not log on to read the forum as often as I did before, I don't click on your articles at all.

It was the forum that kept me coming back. Spygirl is right, you've destroyed what once was a thriving community. Give it a chance and bring back the bios. It will give us a sense of identity on here and will give us an insight into who a person is. The feedback wall was another tool to vet for another. The ability to reply under a post we are actually replying to and not scroll through a mass of comments just to continue a thread will make conversations easier. Don't you people want to see more interactions on here? Give us a way to thumbs up or down a post so we don't have to type in "Good on you" or "this post is full of crap". It's tedious to do that so, in the rare times I'm here, I just move along. Bring back an archive of the old forum because, really, how many times can we give advice to a gay or bi girl wondering if a straight girl will ever be into her. The archive will give struggling girls advice and, more importantly, it will give hope because they are not alone in feeling the way they do. If you can't do anything about the redtube-inspired colours and design, at least give the site a fighting chance with these.

I'm writing this because saying "you suck" is not productive. I remain...

...hopeful,
    invincible

5. vasca

vasca Member

I come here once in a very while to check if somehow AE is going back...in a good way. But no.
    I am going to repost what I said some time ago. As you can see,I am the one who said 'You suck".
    I still think that way. I am saying that like I would say it to a friend. Maybe it's not productive,maybe it is.
    Anyway,it wasn't my intention to lecture anyone.
    It must be me. I guess I don't like so radical changes.Good for the ones who can adapt.
    Btw,M and I are already married. Happy.

Where is the old AE?
    I would like to tell her thanks.
    For letting me laugh,think,play... and at the same time, introduce me to amazing people.Some of them become good friends,some others remain a good memory,and very few didn't get to know me at all.
    Most of all,old AE...I want to thank you for my love.We started playing,and before we knew,we were in love.
    She is an amazing woman,who makes my heart jump with every smile.
    We are getting married in a few days.We are happy.
    So,dear old AE,thank you for the good times we spent together.
    Good Bye.

P.S.: New Ae...you suck.

6. invincible

invincible Well-Known Member

@vasca

Actually, I wanted to write "you suck" and disregarded it for a roundabout and critical way of saying it. =D I wasn't referring to your comment which I've just remembered when I read your reply on this thread. Sorry for the confusion! =)

Postscript...check your inbox for a personal apology. =)

7. vasca

vasca Member

No offense taken,Invincible.
    No need to apologize,but thanks anyway.